Please Help Me!!!!

Decorating By marimar08 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 6:22pm by marimar08

marimar08 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 8

I want this cake for my daughters baby shower now the only thing is that i want the top to rotate. Where can i find that piece to make the cake rotate?? is it possible?? please any answer will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much

7 replies
cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 8

I am not sure exactly but on one ace of cakes Duff used an old record player piece to make something spin. Sorry I can not be of more help but I wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK and let us know how it turns out!

marimar08 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:39am
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much, im hoping i can find that piece.

cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 8

Maybe you could try good will or another thrift store. I remember it was the piece in the very center of the player (sorry I do not know what it was called). Hopefully someone else can be of more help.

debster Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:55am
post #5 of 8

Sometimes the old fashioned hobby shops have things like that and they may be able to suggest something that you can use, I must say they are getting scarce now a days. Good luck!!!

joy5678 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:05am
post #6 of 8

Ohhh, how cute and what a great idea! Try calling a clock repair shop & ask them. They deal with so many moving parts that they may be able to help or tell you who to call. Keep us posted as to what you find out and how complicated it was to get your cake in action!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:11am
post #7 of 8

Actually one of Duff's cakes where they needed to make the carousel rotate, the horses were made to face one way and the record player rotated in the opposite direction. They wound up dismanteling their disco ball and using the mechanism from that to make the carousel rotate in the 'correct' direction. So I guess you can always try to locate a store that carries inexpensive disco balls. Maybe a novelty store or a party supply store (Party City is a local one here).

marimar08 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 8

wow thank you for all the replies, i appreciate it very much. I think i will probably have to build my own contraption. i will let you know how it goes. Thank you again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%