Leftover Halloween Candy!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm by Sweet_Guys

loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 2

We have so much candy leftover and I want to do something with it! I found this recipe online and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it or a similiar recipe! Would love to hear your ideas!

Leftover Candy Cake

2 cups coarsely chopped leftover candy
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sour cream

The recipe is simple and quick. Preheat oven to 350 â grease and dust a tube/bundt pan. Cream butter in mixer and add remaining wet ingredients, then slowly add dry ingredients, all except the candy. Mix until batter is smooth. Once the batter is ready, a third of it is placed into the pan. To the remaining batter, you add 2 cups of chopped candy ⦠any kind you have on hand. You add the remaining batter to the pan and bake for an hour.

Since I still have alot of leftover Christmas candy, I used a mix of crushed candy canes, mint patties, Hersheys, and Rolos. Caramel, peppermint, chocolate â YUM. Unfortunately, my camera is not cooperating, so Iâm using a picture of this same cake I made back in November. The one shown used Almond Joy, Milk Duds, Milky Way, Hersheys, and Kit Kat.

The cake baked evenly and was done in precisely 1 hour. I let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a rack. The smell of the cake was intoxicating and it was difficult to let it cool entirely before carving out a wedge.

The cake is moist and wonderful even without the candy. I can see myself making this recipe minus the candy or layered with cinnamon and brown sugar instead of candy. Our pantry still has a bag of eggnog flavored truffles and a partial box of assorted Seeâs Candies. Hmmmm â¦..

1 reply
Sweet_Guys Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 2

Sounds yummy, Lorie....We used ours to make a gingerbread house with our local cake group for charity.

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%