How Do You Find A Good Doctor??

Lounge By melissablack Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm by melissablack

melissablack Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:36am
post #1 of 6

I'm just in the middle of relocating, and I'm sitting here staring at a long list of providers, wondering which random name to pick from a list... is there any way to look at doctors profiles online or something? I don't have time to wait around and meet people and get 'word of mouth' recommendations or anything...sigh....

5 replies
emrldsky Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

Is there a referral number to call for a specific group in your area? For example, we have the Arnett Clinic, Unity Healthcare, or St. Elizabeth Medical centers here. When I was looking for a new doctor, I called a general number the woman was very helpful when my first choice wasn't available, and helped me chose another.

Ironbaker Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 6

What city are you in? Try http://www.kudzu.com/

mocakes Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 6

I've been having some health issues and have been referred to a rheumatologist, neurologist, endocrinologist and cardiologist...
We have only been in this area for 2 years, so I had no idea where to begin.

I found www.vitals.com to be a great website for doctor's profiles. You can read their rating and comments that others have left. I just wish I had found it before I went to the rheumatologist that I did. I did not like him at all....then went on to read how much others disliked him as well.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Mike1394 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

Is it possible to have your old DR recommend someone? Finding Drs. is like finding a mechanic you don't know if they are any good till the work is done. icon_sad.gif

Mike

melissablack Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your replies! I haven't been online for awhile. I will check out those sites!
M.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%