Firefighter Helmet

Decorating By tal Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm by taygetta

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

I am trying to find a small, Ken doll size fire helmet to use as an accessory on a fire engine cake I plan on making.

I am using Ken boots and want to place the helmet over the boots, but I cannot find anything that size.

Would any of you recommend making a helmet from fondant? Does anyone know of any molds that have been seen?

Thank you so much!

Lisa

4 replies
cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:40am
post #2 of 5

I do not know of any molds you can use to make a fireman helmet but I do not think it would be hard to do with fondant. My only suggestion would be to ad some gumpaste to the fondant so that it will get hard and stay that way. Good luck!

taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:02am
post #3 of 5

You might try Wal-Mart or Target right now. I know they usually bring out their store brand toy sets for Christmas. Most times they have had boy GIjoe type sets, with Ken-like dolls in them. Not sure if they will have a firefighter set but a good bet. It probably would pay off to check it out! Good luck!

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 5

Can you believe I found JUST the helmet - on eBay! Should have known to look there first - funny thing is, I'm the only bidder, winner and looker!!!! Not too many out there looking for JUST a fire helmet - LOL!!!

Thanks so much for your input!

Lis

taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 5

YAY! I was going to suggest Ebay but wasn't sure if you had already checked there! So glad you found it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%