Making A Cookie Cake

Baking By BabyBear3 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 12:46am by BabyBear3

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:39am
post #1 of 3

I hope some of you cookie people can help me!!! This last weekend I made a cookie cake for my brother. I used sugar cookie dough on a baking sheet. I cooked it at 325 for about 35 - 40 minutes. when I was done cooling it, I turned it out on to the serving platter and decorated like normal. I asked my brother how it tasted and he said it tasted stale. Luckily, it was just for my brother and not a "real" costumer.

What do y'all do when you make cookie cakes to make sure the outside doesn't get over cooked and taste "stale"???? I don't feel comfortable enough doing this for a real customer until I get a "OMG this is so good" from family members!!!

2 replies
countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:43am
post #2 of 3

I bake mine in a cake pan....fairly thick....but do not bake them that long. I also take mine out before it gets 'done' as in hard around the edges....it's still soft when I take it out of the oven. I let it cool about 5 minutes in the pan....then dump onto rack.

Decorate and go about business!

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 3

oh ok, I was worried about it not being done in the middle. I will have to try that next time. I will also try the cake pan -- not the baking sheet. I wonder how big of a difference it will make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%