Eiffel Tower

Decorating By ebear Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 7:25am by panchanewjersey

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone..I am making a cake for my moms birthday. She LOVES Paris so I thought I'd make her a chocolate cake (per her request) with a picture of the Eiffel tower on it. I thought I'd make it with a stencil and use chocolate. Any ideas as to where I'd get a stencil of the Eiffel tower? Or does anyone have any better thoughts?

TIA icon_smile.gif

11 replies
flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 12

I don't really know where you could get a stencil. But my thought of a second option is for you to print a picture of a Eiffel tower (probably a clip art of some kind then put wax paper over that. You can use this to pipe something that resemble the Eiffel tower, then you can apply it to your cake after it dries. Like a chocolate tranfer. And with all the differect Wilton's choc, candy colors you can add so color to make it look more colorful.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 12

Try this:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=627728
It's not a stencil, but a chocolate mold.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 12

I'm so annoyed - I can't find it! I'm sure someone, somewhere, posted a pattern for the Eiffel Tower. If memory serves, that person did a chocolate Eiffel Tower and shared the pattern. I looked on CC (in the gallery under patterns and templates) but couldn't find it, so I checked another site and bombed there too. I've got to go through all my printouts and see if I can find it there. I know I printed that and a tutorial of how to make a slot machine cake out consecutively one day last year or the year before.

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 12

I'm looking for the same thing... Love must be in the air because Paris is everywhere I look. lol

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 12

SCORE!!!!

Well, at least it will serve my needs. It's not for a 3D tower so I'll help with the search if that's what you need.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/how-to-draw-buildings3.htm

Mladyfred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mladyfred Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:23am
post #7 of 12

I have also been looking for the same template.. did it get taken down?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:46am
post #9 of 12

On the second page of my photos you will see some blue high heels...click on that picture and there is a good photo of an Eiffel tower......basically cut a template using paper (4 elongated triangles and then make sure they fit nicely to form a pyramid).....then I rolled out gumpaste and cut out the triangles using the paper templates. Let the gumpaste dry. Paint a light blue background first (let some of the white gumpaste show through for clouds). Then paint the black tower. Make royal icing and pipe the pattern (I free handed, it is basically an "X" pattern). I then painted with gold when the royal was dry. You can place a cake inside this if you make it big enough (the seams were "glued" together with royal) or make a tiny one and put it on top of a cake.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:48am
post #10 of 12

I needed an Eiffel tower recently and printed off a picture from the net. Then I laid wax paper over it and traced it with royal icing, and let it dry really well (24 hours at least). Make sure to use thick lines so it won't be super fragile. Then you can either lay it flat on top of the cake, or to make it stand up on top, add "triangle feet" to the bottom when piping.

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:03am
post #11 of 12

I made this by piping candy melts onto wax paper with a clipart picture printed underneath it. I draped the pieces over my finger and "glued" them together with more candy melts to allow it to stand
LL
LL

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:25am
post #12 of 12

Neat idea. Thanks for all the info, I might try this sometime.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%