Transporting Cookie Bouquets

Baking By mellormom Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 1:06am by momg9

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 7

How do you transport them? They tipped for in the car the last time I made them.
Thanks!
Jen...

6 replies
lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 7

I usually try to find a box that is a little bigger than the base of the bouquet(if it's too tall I just cut it down). Sometimes I put a towel in the box and then the bouquet(just to secure it a little more). Then I try to wedge the box snuggly somewhere in the car. I also use that no-slid cupboard liner material(sorry can't think of the name) and put it under the box or the bouquet base. I find it also better when it wrap the bouquet in clear cellophane. That adds a tiny bit extra stability.

HTH icon_smile.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 7

I put them in a gift bag, that helps to stable them. Then all you have to do is grab the bag when turning the corner or just put your purse or something around it to help block it frim tipping. HTH

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 7

I wrap the bouquet in a big cello bag and also use the non-slip cupboard liners underneath. Then I just white-knuckle it the whole way and pray it gets there in one piece-I hate delivering cookie bouquets!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 7

I've actually seat-belted them in! icon_lol.gif But you gotta have a good size container to do this. Otherwise, I use the wedge-the-towel around them thing.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys! I'll try the bag idea and towel Idea.
Jen...

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:06am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaty

I usually try to find a box that is a little bigger than the base of the bouquet(if it's too tall I just cut it down). Sometimes I put a towel in the box and then the bouquet(just to secure it a little more). Then I try to wedge the box snuggly somewhere in the car. I also use that no-slid cupboard liner material(sorry can't think of the name) and put it under the box or the bouquet base. I find it also better when it wrap the bouquet in clear cellophane. That adds a tiny bit extra stability.

HTH icon_smile.gif

I use a box like this as well, but fill the bottom around the bouquet with crumpled up newspaper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%