Someone That Loves Alan Dunn And Sugar Flowers??

Decorating By MariaX Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 4:09pm by norma20

MariaX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaX Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:10am
post #1 of 14

I just love his cakes and flowers, he is the master when it comes to sugar flowers, don't you agree? icon_smile.gif

My flowers are inspired by his but far from as beautiful...!! Please give me feed back on my bouqet so I can improve myself!!

(I would like to find someone to discuss flowers with, how to compose a bouqet and so on, if there is someone out there... icon_smile.gif )
LL

13 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 14

I think you did a wonderful job and I love the flowers. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 14

Maria, that is AWESOME!!

Alan Dunn is my sugar flowers HERO. His work far surpasses any I've seen, with the exception of Scott Clark Wooley (but Alan's work most impresses me). I have all of Alan's books and look at them frequently. His work is just breathtaking.

You did a wonderful job on that spray.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 14

Beautiful!

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 14

Thats absolutly incredible. I love sugar flowers and am taking a course.
I have to say your work is really special. Its so detailed and sharp. thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 14

Maria those flowers are GORGEOUS!! Yes, I'm a big fan of Alan Dunn as well. Also Scott Woolley and Jennifer Dontz -- they do the most amazing work!! Keep on posting -- I'd love to see how your flowers progress! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 14

Gee, I am totally flattered to be in with a group like Alan D. and Scott W.!

Alan is the king in my eyes, his work is second to none!

Thanks for the very high compliment BWB!

Your work is beautiful Maria!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 14

Maria, that flower spray is absolutely gorgeuos! I love Alan's work too. And I have attended two classes of his and really enjoyed them. And hope to take more in the future. icon_smile.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:06pm
post #9 of 14

The work you did on this bouquet is absolutely stunning! I love his work, and you did a fabulous job!!!What else can I say, except for "Wow!!!" icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif

MariaX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaX Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 14

Ohh thank you so much, you are all too kind icon_smile.gif Now I really got inspired to make some more flowers icon_smile.gif

It's really great to hear that so many of you love Alan Dunn as I do, he is the best!! Unfortunately I haven't been able to take a course of his, he seldom comes to Sweden icon_smile.gif But next time I will be there...!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 14

Maria.......Wow! That bouqet is beautiful! I am pretty new at decorating and I cannot wait to reach that level, probably when I'm 90 and I'll have the shakes by then. lol You should be very proud!

Chippi icon_smile.gif in the making!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #12 of 14

AMAZING! I have read an Alan Dunn book from the library and had to leave it back because it is far too advanced for me. you did a brilliant job!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:14pm
post #13 of 14

I think there is no one who is as good as Alan Dunn, he is the master. I have all his books & I have put my name down for the new one that will be out in March 2009. My Peony cake was based on one by Alan Dunn, I followed directions for the large rose spray in my photos & I have used his directions to make numerous other flowers, I love his shading & movement. MariaX you did a beautiful job on that spray & bashini, I am so jealous of you......just kidding I am really happy for you, it must be absolutely wonderful to have lessons from the master of sugar flowers.

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:09pm
post #14 of 14

Wow! CC has so many sugar floral artists! Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif

I do love Alan Dunn and Scott too. But have you known about Stewart, an incredible sugar artist living in New york? Just look at his site:
www.sugarflorals.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%