Need Help - Cake Too Busy Or Needs Something

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 4:20pm by paulstonia

tracycakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:41am
post #1 of 13

I've made a baby shower cakes for a friend's shower tomorrow. I can't get the attachment to attach so it "Amber's Baby Shower" in my photos. I intended to put this on a bigger board and some of the animals in front of the train but I forgot and now there isn't room. The train looks blank and needs something. I also made a two-tone bow to put on top but decided not to use it. This cake either looks too busy or needs something. I don't have much time to make changes but I would appreciate any suggestions. It just "needs" something.

Thanks!

12 replies
Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:49am
post #2 of 13

It's not in your photo's yet. If you still have that page up, you might want to copy the URL and paste it here so we can go in and see it while it's waiting to show up on your page.

FromScratch Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 13

There are too many animals on the top of the bottom tier and the trains need windows or something. It would definitely benefit from a bigger board, but if you can't do that I'd take off some of the animals and maybe place them on the table at the party?

tracycakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:55am
post #4 of 13

Thanks Jeanne! I was thinking about that. What color do the windows need to be? White? Black? The animals are just sitting on it and I've placed them on, around, and everywhere else. I'll make the final placement at the shower.

Molly2 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:57am
post #5 of 13

I love your cake it just needs windows on the train it really looks great I love all the animals you did a great job

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

FromScratch Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:01am
post #6 of 13

I think that they would look nice white with black outlines.. it's more work, but that's what I think would make it looks most polished. icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:03am
post #7 of 13

Thanks for the quick response Jeanne and the suggestions. I think that's an excellent idea - I was just stumped. Thanks for the compliment Molly! I've never these before so it was a learning experience. I think I better go finish my windows now.

Edited for spelling

mysonbronson Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:18am
post #8 of 13

Hi Tracycakes sorry for the late reply, but I was thinking even bars would be nice almost like a circus train. First thing that came to my mind was Dumbo, but your cake is great. My son would love it.

tracycakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:02am
post #9 of 13

The windows are done and yep, it was just the touch it needed. Thanks again Jeanne! I had thought of them but just couldn't see it in my mind. I'm so glad that CC is here and everyone is so helpful. icon_biggrin.gif Some of my earlier cakes would have been much better if this had been available.

This was not the cake I had wanted to do for this shower but the original plans were changed. We were going with frogs and I had a whole froggy cake planned but then the host decided to go with primary colors, using a train and teddy bear for decorations. I still wanted the frogs so I made frogs and turtles to match the baby room's decor and because my friend really likes frogs - they are for her.

Mysonbronson, the funny part is that the train cutters were from a circus train cookie cutter set that Wilton put out in 1991 - I just didn't want to go with the circus theme. I bought the cutters for my nephews first birthday in 1991 and I haven't used them since. He's now 18 and plays in a band. My mom still has one of the decorated cookies that was on that cake - sugar cookies and royal icing last forever I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif

Okay, I'm tired and rambling so I'm cleaning up (again) and headed to bed shortly. Everyone have a good night. thumbs_up.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:36pm
post #10 of 13

Dang, I still can't see that photo. When I look in your photos, there is no picture labeled, Amber's Baby Shower or anything of the like. I wonder what is up.

paulstonia Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 13

can't see it either. ??

tracycakes Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:09pm
post #12 of 13

I deleted the old picture of the unfinished cake and posted a new one called Bailey Baby Shower. It's blue and white with a train going around the side blocks and bears and frogs and turtles.

paulstonia Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:20pm
post #13 of 13

Very cute, love how you made the ball above the braided rope of more than one color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%