How Do I Get That Christmas Green Color

Decorating By penguin22 Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm by Callyssa

penguin22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguin22 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:31am
post #1 of 8

i have green colors but i need to know how to get that Christmas green for a wedding cake I'm doing. the colors are Christmas green and red and silver. Does anyone know know how to get that perfect or almost perfect Christmas green color? Please i need the help cause I'm making the wedding cake now.

7 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:37am
post #2 of 8

Wilton 'Kelly Green' is the colour they use on their displays at Christmas time. It doesn't look right from the colour sticker on top of the tub, but if you use enough it does give a nice deep green.

penguin22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguin22 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:49am
post #3 of 8

Alright thank you TubbsCookies. I will have a picture of the wedding cake posted up tomorrow night. All comments are welcome.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:59am
post #4 of 8

You're welcome! icon_smile.gif

Good luck with the cake.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:17am
post #5 of 8

I always use the Wilton leaf green for my Christmas tree cake and cookies. To me that's a Christmas green.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

Newmansmom.....is that a Ruby Cavalier in your avatar?? Or a cocker? It's hard to see, but I'm a magnet for Cavaliers. We have three!!! icon_smile.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

Newmansmom.....is that a Ruby Cavalier in your avatar?? Or a cocker? It's hard to see, but I'm a magnet for Cavaliers. We have three!!! icon_smile.gif

Nope - she's actually a Sussex spaniel. We have two - Sidra (in the picture) and Newman, our male. They're AWESOME dogs!! We keep saying one day we'll have a Cavalier, too - love 'em!

Julie

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 8

Well now I'm going to have to google and check them out! icon_smile.gif I knew it must be some kind of spaniel with those ears! Our three are all Blenheim, but someday I WILL have all four colors...... icon_lol.gif

Okay OP.....sorry to hijack! But at least your thread got bumped back up, right?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%