Food Safe Squeeze Bottle?

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 1:45am by Rocketgirl899

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 8

How do you tell if something is food safe?

I just decorate as a hobby, and I usually buy the little "tubs" of food color that you are suppose to stick a tooth pick in. I just think this is a pain. I know I can buy americolor in little squeeze bottles, but the store I can get them from is about 30 minutes away, and don't always have every color.

Of course some colors I can by in the 3oz bottles, but not everything. And sometimes I wanna test the color before buying a bigger bottle.

So I did some online looking and I found some bottles on ebay that I wouldn't mind using. I know some of you will say it is a pain, but I would rahter spend time and transfer than do the toothpick method again! Plus the tubs leak and I travel with them frequently!

Here is the link, it says it is LDPE plastic...
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-oz-LDPE-Squeeze-Plastic-Bottles-w-Dispensing-Lid-25_W0QQitemZ360104288542QQihZ023QQcategoryZ57736QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Or does anyone else know where I can get food safe 1 oz bottles I can squeeze?

TIA icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 8

icon_redface.gif duh icon_redface.gif search food safe plastic squeeze bottles. I still can't find the right kind of lids... but here is a site I found icon_smile.gif

http://www.bakedeco.com/dept.asp?id=426

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 8

Okay, I feel dumb, I should have done more research ( I usuallt do!) before posting... but I still wonder how to determine if something is food safe..

here is another site:
http://www.montessoriservices.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116_211_1563&zenid=321b1142eae70a348db7be86bdbb38e8

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

LOL, what an arduous task.

I just went online and bought every color of Americolor in the small bottles, along with a couple of big bottles of frequently used colors. That will only take you about 15 minutes, and then you'll have everything you need in a squeeze bottle, with the additional benefit of the higher quality that Americolor offers over Wilton.

*Shrugs* icon_smile.gif Happy hunting!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 8

Cakepro... in the nicest way... you are a smart .....lets say cookie icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I don't know why I didn't think of that. If I buy every color form my cake shop it would be $80 bux... hmm. found a site online that would make it $50. plus shipping.

How much were yours?

I guess I can find a few bottles for my old stuff. And just buy the americolor.

uhh I feel dumb!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:00am
post #6 of 8

Don't feel dumb! It would be a great idea if you didn't have the means to buy a whole new set of Americolors in squeeze bottles.

I think you're getting a great deal! If I recall correctly, I paid 99 cents a bottle. I bought them from the Cake Central store before it went belly-up. At my local cake shop, they would be nearly 2 bucks a bottle, plus tax.

Into The Oven has them for $1.17 per bottle: http://www.intotheoven.com/Cake-Essentials-Food-Colors-.75-oz/c46_47_48/index.html

icon_smile.gif Happy online shopping!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:27am
post #7 of 8

1.17 is what it costs through an ebay store I found as well.

dang my xmas list keeps getting longer and longer~~

I dont think i do enough cakes to justify buying all the colors at once...

I do need to get a "starter" kit for my new airbrush tho....

Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion icon_smile.gif

i'm still saying.. doh!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:45am
post #8 of 8

Just bought 12 AB colors at cake shop for 14.99... 1.25 each.. saved about .50 a bottle.

The americolo .75 oz. onesicon_smile.gif

Saving up for the othersicon_smile.gif

Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%