Ny Mets Cake

Decorating By Mildred1971 Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm by Mildred1971

Mildred1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mildred1971 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I just joined today...and am excited to read any and all responses. I am baking a cake for my son who's turning nine in two weeks. He loves the NY METS and would love to decorate the cake with those colors. Any ideas of how I can match the colors to their logo?
I am ready with everything else except, just decided to this versus the reuglar buttercream stars and red stitching for a regular baseball themed cake.

Thanks!

2 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 3

If he owns anything with the Mets on it, then I would have it next to you while you are mixing the colors. Keep adding, little by little until you hold the buttercream next to the color and it matches. Good Luck! I'm sure he'll love it!

Mildred1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mildred1971 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, in fact he does, I didn't want to whip a huge batch just to practice, I know the consistency and texture of store-bought frosting is completely different--however if I used small amounts of the paste to the frosting do you think it'll give me any idea of how the colors will work. I don't want to take the easy way out, but I want the colors to be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%