All Time Popular Cake Photos

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 1:03pm by MosMom

CakeInfatuation Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 11

Anyone know what the criteria is to make it into this prestigious category?

I have a goal. ha ha ha

10 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 11

I'm guessing it's based on how many people view the cake, or perhaps even how many people save the cake to their "My Photos" file. (I suppose you could repeatedly view your own cake, but that might take a while. Some of the favorites have thousands of views!)

GI Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 11

I'll help you achieve your goal! icon_biggrin.gif (Baby Asher...in your photo....)

Gee, but your stuff I'm surprised it already hasn't made it across!! It's awesome! icon_eek.gif

pinkbox Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 11

Yep.. I'll help ya along.... love ASHER!! too cute.

How did you do the moon??? Precious!

CakeInfatuation Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much you guys! I'm guessing it is somewhere over 100 people have to favorite a photo?

There's just so many members today even if a cake gets to the favorite cake photos added today section, it might not show up. My latest cake was there early this morning but hasn't shown up again in about 3 hours. I loaded it around midnight so in theory it should show up but... Oh well.... I'm still gonna strive for that goal.

dawncr Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 11

All of Shill's work is great, but I think her most unique, creative, and adorable creation is her "Puppy Chaos":

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1247822

The puppies digging through the fondant into the frosting was a touch of genius. thumbs_up.gif

She's got 78 favorites on that one. Maybe if we get you to 100, Shill, you'll make the "All-Time" list.

bettinashoe Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 11

I agree, your cakes are adorable and very original. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but if you're not there yet, I know you'll make it before too long. You do wonderful work.

lisad1 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 11

Your work is absolutely beautiful and flawless! It definitely deserves to be in the top! One thing I did notice is that in the past you posted a photo of the cake and another of the topper. That's not allowed anymore, but more importantly, it's probably divided the comments/favorites that were posted, then if you had just one posted. The collage you posted for the camping picture is perfect, it highlighted all your details! Awesome job!

CakeInfatuation Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:55am
post #9 of 11

WOW you guys! Thanks so much! I really appreciate all your kind words and help getting to my goal.

I did send a pm to a forum moderator but haven't heard back yet.

And my work isn't flawless. I just know how to turn the cake so you don't see the flaws. Thankfully my husband knows how to accentuate the positive and blur the negative when he takes a picture for me. I've still got loads to learn. icon_wink.gif

Frankyola Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:26am
post #10 of 11

Doggies to my favorites!!! I hope you achieve your goal soon.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

MosMom Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 11

I *think* it is 50.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%