New Trend For Bridal Shows...dec 27 And 28.

Decorating By CherryLane Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 5:45pm by kakeladi

CherryLane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryLane Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 4

There seems to be a new treand amerging in my area, Bridal shows being held on Dec 27th and Dec 28th. I have already been asked to particpate in 3 shows. This is there concept, and I quote "Our hope is to capitalize on the excitement behind the Holiday season celebrating newly engaged couples amidst the tradition of family gatherings."

What are your thoughts on this? Bang or Bust?

Cindy

3 replies
marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 4

I wonder how many vendors they are able to sign up for these...I would be interested in the stats. Around here, we have about 3 shows just after New Year's, so they are catching the holiday fever and all of the engagements that happened over the season.

My first thought of the shows in December is that a lot of people are still away travelling, so would miss them...although many brides may be home visiting mom and dad, so might want to catch a bridal show with the ones who might be picking up the bill?? icon_rolleyes.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 4

With Christmas on Thursday, it ends up being pretty much a 5-day weekend. Good for travel and extended time to visit family.

I don't know about a show tho. After battling the holidays and facing the upcoming new years holiday, me and my crew would like SOME time to be with our family(s).

Plus ... the 27th and 28th is Saturday and Sunday. There are couples who are planning their wedding on this weekend specifically to capture the family members who have the time to travel, combined with the holiday get togethers, so they may be hard-pressed to get vendors to sign up ... depends on the vendor's wedding schedule.

More engagement rings are given out on Valentine's Day and Christmas than any other days of the year. I'm not sure that brides have the mindset of holiday time, shopping, family, getting the ring on Thursday, "Oh, let's go to the bridal show on Friday!" thing.

I think it may turn into a commercialization that will turn people off ... much like seeing Christmas decorations in the stores prior to Halloween. And trying to get WEDDING vendors to be available for a bridal show on a Saturday and Sunday during a peak holiday season .... ? Sounds like poor planning to me.

I would be interested to see how it turns out. Please keep us posted on what you hear/see about this one.

P.S. Have they been planning the shows for sometime? Or is it being thrown together at the last minute? Most organizations start planning bridal shows months or a year in advance, so the vendors can plan for it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 4

Yah what Debi said^^^ icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%