Coming Over To The Mmf Side!!

Decorating By sgauta Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm by VS8894

sgauta Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 4

So, I've been using the boxed Wilton fondant for YEARS. I was always scared to try making my own, it just seemed like such a daunting task for a novice. Well, I bit the bullet yesterday and made it (Rhonda's MMF recipe from this site) and OMG!!! It was cheap, easy, and it's actually edible. I really liked the consistency, the way it handles, and how it looks on the cakes. I also followed some advice you guys have given me for getting more straight, less bulging cake sides and I have to say - my cake sides are the straightest they've ever been. Thanks so much, I'm so grateful for this site!!!

-Sarah

3 replies
tarheelgirl Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to MMF! I dreaded using it but once I finally did.. I am HOOKED!!!!

Eisskween Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 4

I absolutely adore Rhonda's MMF! I, like you, was fearful my first time, but WOW, it was so easy and yes, it is world's away from that stuff that Wilton puts out. The only thing I use Wilton's for is fondant and gumpaste flowers and only if I plan on making them non-edible. I use Rhonda's for just about everything now! THANK YOU RHONDA! icon_biggrin.gif

VS8894 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 4

I have a few question about Rhonda's fondant. I was wondering if you ever used anything to replace the lemon part of it? I have made it one time, I tasted the lemon in it, was wondering if substitutions have been made if you wanted a different taste.

Also,

How does it take to coloring it? I have to make a large quantity of royal blue. I tried several different types of MMF, not this one, and by the time I got finished getting to the color I needed, it was unusable.

I sure would appreciate any input, I have been having to buy the Wilton and it is taking quite a chunk out of my profit.

Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%