I Got A Ka Today!!!!

Decorating By ncdessertdiva Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 11:20pm by JenniferMI

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:33am
post #1 of 12

I've been wanting a new mixer for awhile now. I've been pricing them, drooling over them, etc. Since Linens & Things is going out-of-business, we checked them out for mixers. I bought a KA Classic Plus today! Since I've been in culinary school and we have KA's there its been great to use them. My old mixer still works great but I gotta have a KA.

If anyone has a Linens & Things close by, their closeout deals are great. I got my KA for 20% off and picked up an additional bowl. I spent about the same for the mixer and bowl as I would have for just the mixer. Check it out!

I'm making brownies tomorrow and bread on Sunday!

Leslie

11 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:43am
post #2 of 12

Congratulations, with the holidays coming up I can hear the KA humming now. lol

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 12

I got mine in September at BB&B. I got the Artisan in metallic chrome for $240 b/c I had a 20% off coupon AND it had a $40 mail in rebate that I got back yesterday so really I only paid $200 for a $300 mixer!!!! Did you know that Linens N Things accepts BB&B 20% coupons?? Of course I don't know if they will if the store is closing. Oh and I bought an extra bowl, too....what a blessing.

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 12

Congrats and welcome to the new world of KA lovers. If my house was burning, I think I would have to grab mine on the way out (just kidding) but I do love having mine. It is the one thing in my kitchen that I use the most besides the coffee maker.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 12

Congrats! Do you feel like this?

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 12

Congrats! I just love mine so much I'm asking my husband for a newer model and color for chritmas. I kinda put it on him saying, "If I had two it would'nt take so long to make his favorite cake icon_lol.gif . I hope it works. I hope u enjoy urs as much as I do thumbs_up.gif .

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 12

Congrats!!! I know that I love mine. But I hav to say that I am hoping for another this Christmas!! Is that greedy or what??? LOL

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 12

I put one on my Christmas list, so we'll see what happens there! Congrats on getting such a good deal on yours!

jopamal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jopamal Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:25am
post #9 of 12

Oh, I really wants a KA in chrome and an extra bowl but I live in the netherlands and they are a lot more expensiver over here, so I search ebay almost every day, this week the bidding whas closed and again I didn't win icon_cry.gif
Or some doesn't sell over seas.
Is there anyone who can help me out, I can pay with pay pal
Regards Mrs. Eissens

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopamal

Oh, I really wants a KA in chrome and an extra bowl but I live in the netherlands and they are a lot more expensiver over here, so I search ebay almost every day, this week the bidding whas closed and again I didn't win icon_cry.gif

I don't play fair if I really want something on ebay. I make sure I watch the last few minutes of the auction and in the last 5 seconds bid the max I will pay.....usually works for me and doesn't give the other bidders time to respond. icon_twisted.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 12

congrats! I started out 30 years ago with the smaller bowl KA and upgraded over 20 years ago with the larger bowl one. I love mine and they are both going strong still. Put the smaller one away for which ever one of my kids decides to learn to bake! But remember, they are not the same as the older models. Made somewhere else now I think. So make sure you have a good warranty!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:20pm
post #12 of 12

You're gonna LOVE it!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%