Madagascar 2 Theme?

Decorating By kel58 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 4:21am by Michelle104

kel58 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 9

I got a request for a madagascar 2 themed birthday cake. She would like a 9x13 sheet cake using cream cheese icing. I'm just not sure that I can do the characters justice making them with BC. So maybe use toys? Any ideas would be very very helpful! Thanks everyone!

8 replies
kimmypooh79 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 11:12am
post #2 of 9

I would say use toys or an edible image.

kel58 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 9

is there somewhere that I can buy the edible image?

kimmypooh79 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 9

Check with your local bakeries, I got mine from Wal-Mart for $5. I took a photo in, they scanned it, then printed it for me. They won't print out licensed images though unless it is something that they already sell.

chefbarbie0513 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 9

Does the cake have to be a sheet cake? I just delivered this Madagascar cake on Friday. The birthday girl had her party at the movie for the opening of madagscar 2. I bought the toys off of ebay. You should be able to get toys in the store with the new movie being out. I used pretezles for the trees with Royal icing as the top of the trees. Nilla waffers as the sand.

kel58 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:55am
post #6 of 9

unfortunatly yes, it does have to be a sheet cake. Im not really sure why this customer always wants a 9x13. I thought for sure that I would be able to find Madagascar toys since the movie came out but i was at walmart and zellers today and nothing!! Luckily I just chacked me mail and the lady im making the cake for is going to supply me some toys to use. I guess her kids have been collecting them from McDonalds. I thought it would be work out nice that she supplies them so that I dont have to raise my quote on her cake or eat into my profit. Your madagascar cake looks fantastic by the way!

SugarBakerz Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:22am
post #7 of 9

kel they have them at McDonalds for the happy meals... or you can pay a buck or so each and buy them without the meals.. I do this a lot... instead of ordering my own big meal I order a kids meal and save the toys for toppers... so far I have the zebra and lion, if you can't get them in your area let me know and I will help if I can!

SugarBakerz Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:24am
post #8 of 9

oh ok I see you realize they had them at mcd's.. I did a jungle theme cake a few months back that was very easy, you could do something like it 1/2 and 1/2 on a sheet... should looke pretty cool if you did like a squiggly dividing line down the sheet... just a thought!

Michelle104 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:21am
post #9 of 9

I did one last weekend and I bought an airplane from Walmart's bakery for $5 from the new movie. I did half the cake like the jungle sort of and the other half like the desert with an oasis. On the jungle half I did a volcano too. You could do something like that and just use the characters that you get from your customer. There's a pic in my photos. I'm taking the kids to see this movie tomorrow after school.....I can't wait! So excited!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%