Can You Use Italian Cream Cake......

Decorating By kbw5780 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 7:44pm by kbw5780

kbw5780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbw5780 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:40am
post #1 of 4

Can you cover and decorate an Italian Cream Cake/Cream cheese frosting with fondant? Will it hold up enough and be strong enough to be decorated with MMF without falling apart? will it taste good?

I am new so all help I can get is much appreciated. I basically only know how to bake out of a box of yellow cake mix, so far, and my aunt has this wonderful Italian Cream Cake recipe that is delicious. I was thinking about making that kind of cake and then decorating it with fondant to make it look thanksgiving like......for Thanksgiving.

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:13am
post #2 of 4

If you ice it and chill it, it will hold up to the fondant. then the cake should be kept nice and cool to add to the stability. Personally, Iwould keep in the fridge. There could be condensation, so it depends on the kind of decoration you will using. normally condensation will evaporate fine, but strong colors can bleed (not always.)

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

In my pics, the 100th bday cake, the top tier is Italian Cream, I used my regular BC to fill and ice and it tasted great. I added nuts and coconut to it as the filling as well. I had no problems with it at all.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

kbw5780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbw5780 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 4

thanks guys!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%