Computer In The Kitchen

Lounge By idgalpal Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm by michellenj

idgalpal Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 18

I have never seen the need for a computer in my kitchen until I found CC! Ha! If I had one there, I'd be logged on 24 x7. thumbs_up.gif

17 replies
jammjenks Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:48am
post #2 of 18

If I could keep the powdered sugar dust off of it, I'd probably move mine to the kitchen. icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 18

And that's why I own a laptop!

icon_lol.gif

In the kitchen, in the tub (I put it on the toilet and watch movies while I take hot bubble baths LOL).

I can take it here, I can take it there, I can take it every where!

jescapades Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:59am
post #4 of 18

i used to have a computer in the kitchen only because i had no where else to put it. but then i got a laptop and i love that i can move it into the kitchen if i need to reference something. right now, i have it on my lap, sitting in my recliner, watching the food network and surfing cc! does it get any better than that?!

michellenj Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 18

Oh God, I have a laptop and wireless internet, so I walk around my house with my laptop. It is sickening! Between Facebook and CC I am screwed.

SliceTheCake Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:45am
post #6 of 18

i love my laptop, lol! i put it on the counter in the kitchen and it makes it so easy to reference recipes and other cakes for inspiration when i am decorating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Oh God, I have a laptop and wireless internet, so I walk around my house with my laptop. It is sickening! Between Facebook and CC I am screwed.

i'm constantly switching between cc, myspace, facebook, and my mommy website. icon_redface.gif i think i have an addiction. icon_redface.gif

michellenj Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 18

My dh plays World of Warcraft, and sometimes I'll catch him in the shower-lying down-with his laptop outside the shower, playing his game.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 18

I have a 24" iMac in my kitchen. My kitchen has a built-in desk. It's great here, because I can always watch the kids online.

Carolynlovescake Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:

My dh plays World of Warcraft, and sometimes I'll catch him in the shower-lying down-with his laptop outside the shower, playing his game.

As much as I'm an online gamer at heart that's some serious addiction issues right there.

icon_lol.gif

lindambc Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #10 of 18

I am so glad I'm not the only one!!! I get on CC everyday, just to look! My DH hates that I take the laptop in the kitchen when I cook. He would love it if I actually printed out my recipes!!!!

mommicakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 18

YUP!!! DH built me an adjustable shelf in my kitchen above my counter so I can still cruise CC when in the throws of a big cake. icon_biggrin.gif It almost looks like a shelf that you could put large cookbooks on and fold it away when done. Glad he is handy. icon_wink.gif

Monkess Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 18

lol...glad im not alone in cyber addiction!

emrldsky Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:

My husband and I both play WoW and even MY mouth dropped at this one!!! That's some serious addiction there. I think I'd be concerned....

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:58pm
post #14 of 18

Oh, but he's a "level 70" and he needs a special mount and weapon. *huge eye roll*

emrldsky Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:

Oh, but he's a "level 70" and he needs a special mount and weapon. *huge eye roll*

So am I...but I still don't shower with the game, lol!

But just wait...the expansion comes out tomorrow...icon_wink.gif My husband and I took Friday off work.

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:33pm
post #16 of 18

Oh God, thanks for the warning.

tiggy2 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 18

I rencently purchased a laptop for that exact reason. While cakes are baking or icing is mixing I can be on CC or printing recipes via wireless network. Isn't technology great?

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #18 of 18

It's great as long as it is working. If something ever goes wrong, we have a jumble of wires, routers, surge protecters, etc. and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%