My Ganache Won't Whip

Decorating By stampinron Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 11:31pm by MOBOGAL

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 10

Hmmmm....I've used this ganache recipe warm and it is delish. So I wanted to try it whipped. I've been beating it for about 10 minutes now and nothing. Is this recipe "whip-able"? I let it cool till room temp before whipping.

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4953-9-Chocolate-Ganache-III.html

9 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 10

I would put it in the fridge and let it get cold, then try to whip. did you use heavy whipping cream or just heavy cream?

thats my only suggestion - sorry I don't have a definate answer for you!!

good luck!

stampinron Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 10

Heavy whipping cream....I'll try the fridge for a bit and see. Thanks

janelwaters Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 10

I just know that heavy whip whips better when its really cold - you may try putting your beaters in the fridge too.

My ganache consists of heavy whip and choc chips (equal parts) - i have made white chocolate and caramel that way - let them cool a little then into the fridge for about an hour or so and then whip away - always worked for me, so hopefully the chill will work for you.

let me know if it works.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 10

Deffinantly refrigerate it. Whipped Ganache will fall if it gets warm, it needs to be kept relatively cold.

stampinron Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 10

Cooling it down more helped. It whipped to a pudding like consistency. Does it ever get fluffy?

janelwaters Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 10

mine does, but like i said, i only use chocolate and heavy whip - equal amounts.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 10

set your bowl in a bowl of ice and whip away it will get thick. watch or it will get too thick.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 10

set your bowl in a bowl of ice and whip away it will get thick. watch or it will get too thick.

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:31pm
post #10 of 10

Hi icon_smile.gif

I've made whipped ganache using the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe, which uses a different ratio, and it did whip up fluffy (more like a thick mousse). The one time I tried to whip an equal parts ganache, I did not get the nice fluffy texture. In case you don't have it, here is the WBH recipe (it's delish!): Hope this helps!

Whipped Chocolate Ganache

Melt in a bowl over hot water 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate
In a saucepan, bring to a boil 1 qt heavy cream.

Whisk 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate until smooth. Slowly whisk in the remaining cream. Refrigerate overnight. Whip until stiff. Yields 4 3/4 cup when whipped.

(my note: I've also made this by just pouring the hot cream over unmelted chocolate and it works just the same...mixing after the chocolate has melted a bit).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%