Tutourial On Carving 3-D Cake

Decorating By lmilinich Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm by TooMuchCake

lmilinich Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 3

This Sunday i am doing a cake in the theme of Winnie the Pooh. I thought that it would be really neat to do and sitting down winnie the pooh. The only thing is that i dont know where to start. Should i use all cake, or rice krispies for the head. im really not sure.... if anyone has any idea on how to start, it would be most helpful. Thanks

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 3

I would make the head RCT.
I've heard you should not make the head of people or animals from cake because most kids, especially the younger ones, get very upset if you have to cut & serve it. They even went so far as to suggest using styro. This was from a very well known bakery in Hollywood who did/does cakes for the stars.

TooMuchCake Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 3

Here are some in-progress pictures of a monkey cake that could easily be converted into a Pooh. It's all cake. The body is made from 8" rounds and the head is a carved-down sports ball pan. It's been my experience that kids clamor to be the first one to eat some of the head, or especially the nose. In fact, the little girl the monkey cake was made for kept the head of the monkey after her party and took it to school.

http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Monkey_see.html

HTH,
Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%