No Discount For Cc'ers At Global Sugar Art

Decorating By aundrea Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 10:37pm by Heath

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 11

not sure if everyone knows. well i doubt everyone, because i was told that if you click on to global surgar art from CC, then you get a 10% disc.
you dont, but some of the money does go to CC (which is good)
here is what was sent to me after i placed my order.
FYI:
Thank you so much for your order. The 10% off for Cake Central members is a
myth that continues. If you reach our website by clicking a link on Cake
Central, we do give a percentage of your order to Cake Central to support
them. That is the arrangement that we have had since last December.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Tetreault
Global Sugar Art

just thought i would give a heads up!

10 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 11

That's terrible. The add on this website flat out says 10% OFF! I have no problem with a % of the money going back to CC! I love CC and it has to have money to run! But the add says 10% off.. meaning you should get the 10% off.

Thanks for the heads up!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 11

I've never seen the 10% off for cc memebers. Where is it on their website?

cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 11

It doesn't show it on their website..it shows it on the add here on CC. If you just look at the right and left side bars... you will see the ad for Global Sugar and it says 10% off. Right now there is a Christmas ad up that says it.. but it's normally just 10% off their normal ad.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 11

The add in the right magin comes and goes. however, it is for items on sale for all customers. This time, it is 10% off 'all things Christmas'

GSA is a great site, discount or not.

cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 11

Did you get the 25% off that it's advertising right now? I think I got confused and was thinking that you didn't get anything off. I didn't know that you got an extra 10% off for a being a CCmember. I assumed that the 10% or 25% was for being a CC'er but maybe not.

So I think maybe the issue is that you didn't get an additional 10% off for being a CC? But you did get something off just for going to their site?

I hope this makes sense!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 11

On the website, items are currently for SALE. no discounts apply to cc members.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 11

CakeBoss offers 10% off for CC members and this is advertised in the CC banners. This may be where the confusion arises. Global Sugar Art is wonderful with great prices and sales, please don't feel misled.

cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 11

I don't feel mislead. I just misunderstood the situation in the beginning. I was thinking that the person who started the thread was saying that she didn't get the price off that the banner is always saying.. but I'm pretty sure she did get that discount. It's just automatically on sale on their website. And then for some reason she thought there was an additional 10% off. Cakeboss could be where that came from. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I jumped in without understanding the situation. I'm leaving this post alone forever more.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:19am
post #10 of 11

i like global sugar art.
i was under the impression being told by people here and i 'thought' i saw it on the banner that cc members get 10% off their order whether the items are on sale or not.
apparently other people are under same impression which is why i got the email response from them.
i just wanted to post that you dont get an extra 10% off. so i could help other people.
i am happy however to hear that the CC website gets a profit of orders with global sugar art.
so hopefully that clears up any confusion i may have started.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:37pm
post #11 of 11

OFFICIAL RESPONSE:

At no time has anyone from CakeCentral.com administration or Global Sugar Art ever said that CC members get a special discout at Global Sugar Art.

The ads that run on the site are always for Specific sale items or groups of items, and those sale prices are already reflected on the GlobalSugarArt website.

Where the confusion is coming from is that CakeCentral receives 10% of your purchase if you click through any of the Global Sugar Art advertisements on CC. This is part of our partnership arrangement with Global Sugar Art.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%