Can I Pipe Well With Sugarshacks Icing??

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 11:42pm by arosstx

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

I know I'd need to stiffen it up quite a bit, but can I do roses with it? Or should I use a different recipe?

Please forgive me for sounding like a complete idiot, I'm having major sugar withdrawals on day three of Atkins. I'm cranky, and don't feel like "testing" it out to see how it would work, I just want to know if anyone else has had success with it! TIA!

4 replies
Callyssa Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

bump! I really need to know!! Can anyone help me???

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 5

My best answer to your question would be to direct you to almost every cake that I've posted here on CC. Seriously though, the answer is YES! It's great to pipe with. Every once in a while I'll take out a small amount and thin it a little so that it's easier to write with, but otherwise I just color it, put it in the bag, and pipe! Hope that helps.

Callyssa Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! Your cakes are awesome, by the way! I just finished making my second batch of her icing; the first time it was too soft and never crusted, but tasted very mild, almost like whipped icing. This time though, I'm surprised at how thick it actually is? I expected it to be thinner, but it's still very smooth and bubble free, so I can't wait to ice my cakes with it tonight! Oh, and I didn't put any flavoring other than the creamer mixture and it tastes exactly like the middle of Oreos.....which is GREAT! because I was also going to try the cookies and cream filling with these cakes! Thank you again for your help!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 5

Sure, no problem, and thanks for the kind words. I've had some 'thinner' batches too and I believe it's when I get the creamer mixture too HOT. I am now careful to check it first. It does need to be hot, but not overly hot. I hope that made sense. Happy piping! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%