Need Ideas For Way To Present Cookies At A Baby Shower

Baking By projectqueen Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm by yankeegal

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:58am
post #1 of 8

I'm going to a baby shower next weekend and originally I was going to offer to bake some cookies to go with the theme of the shower and bring a nicely bagged one for each guest.

I since found out there are going to be 50 people there icon_eek.gif so I'm not doing all that baking for free in addition to bringing my gift.

Now I'm thinking about just doing a pretty presentation of maybe 6-10 cookies in her theme and giving it to the Mom-to-be as part of her gift.

Any suggestions on how to package/present these that would be nice? I tried the cookies on a stick once and didn't have much luck. They slid around and a couple broke before I was able to give it to the intended person.

I need a cute and practical idea.

TIA!

7 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:20am
post #2 of 8

I was going to suggest a bouquet but you said you didn't have much luck. So why not try a cute keepsake box, either store bought or one that you can make and decorate(like those clear buckets that you use for storing things/scrapbook supply) and put cookies inside. Or you can put them on a clothesline and hang (on cake table/front) the cookies with pins as a decoration. If I come up with something else I'll let you know.

Jennifer9800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer9800 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 8

Instead of cookies on a stick could you prop them up with toothpicks so they stand up but it's not as big around as the cookie sticks that can encourage breakage? I don't do cookies much but thought that might give you a stand up cookie without a big stick.

You could also make one of those diaper cakes and adhere the bagged cookie around the outside of the "cake" as decor? and embellish from there.

just thinkin on the fly! ttyl

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:52am
post #4 of 8

Projectqueen, how about attaching the stick to the bag, that's what I do. Or put them in some sort of baby container, if you do bouquet, put it in a baby powder bottle, or put two each in bottles. Just a couple of thoughts.

projectqueen Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the cute ideas!

jouj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jouj Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 8

I think the bouquet is the nicest idea, and since you had problems inserting the stick in the cookie before baking, you can attach it to the cookie with Royal Icing, AFTER it's baked and decorated, that's how they do it in the Wilton Yearbooks.

Good Luck.

projectqueen Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 8

thumbs_up.gif Great ideas!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 8

I just did some cookies for a friend of a friend who was having a baby girl. I used a really cute photo box-pink and white striped-and she can use it later and put the cookies in with some shred, some bottles filled with pink/white jelly beans, and some rattles, binkies, etc...it was cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%