What "gross" Food Do You Like To Eat?

Lounge By CakeMommyTX Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 3:41am by jescapades

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:38am
post #61 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

i am the opposite, i can eat breakfast any time of the day!

Same here! Love it.

I just don't know what to say about the boudain. Image

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:12am
post #62 of 94

[quote="kbak37"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

OK, FIdos_Mom does win with the liverwurst and brownies. icon_sad.gificon_lol.gif

How did you come to eat those two together?

And I may regret this but what IS in boudain?

Boudain is a sausage..usually made with pork liver and heart with....pork blood. You can also get it without the blood.

It can be good depending on how it is made.

Actually, the boudin here in South Louisiana is no longer made with blood (called red boudin). People making it at home may use it, but any commercially purchased boudin does not have blood in it.

Luby Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:20am
post #63 of 94

How in the world could anyone think the following are gross:

1) Potato Chip Sandwich
2) Rice Dressing Sandwich
3) Peanut Butter and Jelly on a pancake
4) Cold Spaghetti Meat Sauce - just the sauce no pasta
5) Cold Pizza
6) Cold Baked Beans
7) Cantaloupe sprinkled with black pepper
icon_cool.gif Diced Apples in Tuna Salad
9) Canned Chocolate Icing eaten out of the can with a spoon
10) Picked Beets
11) Grilled cheese sandwiches with dill pickles on them
12) Fried Dill Pickles
13) Boudin
14) Cracklins

YUM YUM!

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:25am
post #64 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

cold buttermilk and hot cornbread crumbled up in it, eaten with a large spoon.

OMG I thought I was the ONLY one who did this! Add a finely chopped onion, salt and pepper...yummers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:25am
post #65 of 94

Sorry about the boudian..that is how my family always made it (from Houston). I havnt had it in years...
now my mom in law is Polish and makes a duck blood soup which I have not tried yet.
dill pickles on grilled cheese..hmmm may have to try that!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:27am
post #66 of 94

luby, what's rice dressing??

oh, i love cold meatballs. plain.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:16am
post #67 of 94

5) Cold Pizza
6) Cold Baked Beans
Diced Apples in Tuna Salad
9) Canned Chocolate Icing eaten out of the can with a spoon
10) Picked Beets

Not one thing wrong with these!
When I was pg (almost 50 yrs ago) DH took me to our local hamburger place and I ordered my usual........burger w/catsup, sweet pickle relish, and lots of grilled onions.....gal said, now I know you are pg for sure! icon_smile.gif
If I could eat burgers today I would still order it that way! Unfortunately I have develped allergy to beeficon_sad.gif

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:28am
post #68 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanzah67

I LOVE to dip my grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup

Fried pickles

French Fries and Honey mustard sauce or ranch dressing

bacon and grape jelly together on toast

Please oh please tell me how you make fried pickles!

I've only eaten these in restaurants (esp. in the South where I am from originally.... but it's like it was dipped in a batter and deep fried....YUMMMM! and dip in ketchup before taking a bite! Double YUM!

shanzah67 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #69 of 94

BACON Snack Crackers.....these are sooooooo good. The recipe is on my blog. 3 ingredients: bacon, townhouse or ritz crackers and brown sugar.

I also love cold milk with warm buttery cornbread crumbled up in it... never could do the buttermilk icon_wink.gif

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:34am
post #70 of 94

Okies im going to prolly sound really weird here icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

1) Cold pizza
2) Egg and mayo sandwiches- Or adding to the egg and mayo, ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato sauce
3) tomato sauce sandwiches
4) Salsa sandwiches
5) twisties or burger ring sandwiches
6) Extra pickes in my burgers (i mean i ask them for like an extra at least 6 pickles)
7) Mcd's fries dipped in caramel sundaes
icon_cool.gif Burnt onions- I wont eat onions any other way
9) lettuce, marmite and cheese sandwiches
10) I always add tomato sauce to my mashed potato or mac n cheese.

I think ill be quiet now
tapedshut.gif

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:42am
post #71 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TNIC

icon_cool.gif Burnt onions- I wont eat onions any other way

those are the best!! if they didn't give such bad breath i'd eat them plain.

Jasmine

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:35am
post #72 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak37

At least we all love cake!

I actually am not a cake eater....it's ok but I'd rather have pie or cookies. I usually taste the part that I cut off to be sure it's ok but past that I don't eat it. I just like the decorating part. icon_biggrin.gif I do love a good piece of carrot cake on occasion.

kbak37 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:38am
post #73 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypooh79

Quote:

At least we all love cake!

I actually am not a cake eater....it's ok but I'd rather have pie or cookies. I usually taste the part that I cut off to be sure it's ok but past that I don't eat it. I just like the decorating part. icon_biggrin.gif I do love a good piece of carrot cake on occasion.

I am cake fanatic....and I love carrot cake..I will take that anyday over chocolate!

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:03am
post #74 of 94

I'm not sure if this one's been said before or not...but when BF and I went to New Orleans, we stopped in a little place to get some dinner. He ordered a bacon-cheeseburger with peanut butter, and it was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten...

kimmypooh79 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:51am
post #75 of 94
Quote:

I am cake fanatic....and I love carrot cake..I will take that anyday over chocolate!

Oh no I love chocolate! I think my favorite is Dove. I used to love cake...I don't know what happened to me over the last few years that changed that. icon_confused.gif It wasn't decorating b/c I only started doing that again in May. I can barely eat one piece at a party now.

kbak37 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:22am
post #76 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypooh79

Quote:

Oh no I love chocolate! I think my favorite is Dove. I used to love cake...I don't know what happened to me over the last few years that changed that. icon_confused.gif It wasn't decorating b/c I only started doing that again in May. I can barely eat one piece at a party now.

Dove is excellent! Thats funny I say I will take carrot cake any day over chocolate..as I bake 4 chocolate cakes..hmmmm!

Luby Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:38pm
post #77 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

luby, what's rice dressing??

oh, i love cold meatballs. plain.

Hey Jess,
Cold meatballs made me remember one more - cold meatloaf sandwiches! My DH just has a fit when I eat foods cold (foods that are normally served hot) icon_lol.gif
I also love cornbread crumbled in a glass of milk and crackers crumbled in a glass of milk.

Rice Dressing is a local dish from South Louisiana that is made of ground meats (beef, pork, some people put liver, but I don't), onions, bell pepper, garlic, rice and seasonings such as salt, pepper, etc.) There's a million different ways of cooking it. I usually just buy a pre-made meat mixture from the grocery store made by Savoie's (it's the meat and seasonings and gravy), brown a pound of ground pork and add the Savoie's mix and let it simmer. I then cook 3 cups of rice separately and then just add the rice and meat mixture together and you now have rice dressing.

There's also an oven method of making where you just combine ground beef, cream of mushroom soups, different seasonings, raw rice and bake it in the oven. It's really good that way, too! Some people refer to this as a meat and rice casserole. The first method is the original way to make it and the oven method came on the scene years later.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:43pm
post #78 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luby

cold meatloaf sandwiches! My DH just has a fit when I eat foods cold

Ok..you're disqualified on this one! icon_lol.gif This is not a gross food .... you're SUPPOSE to eat meatloaf cold on a sandwich! I'll bake a meatloaf JUST so I can put it in the 'frig and we can eat it cold on sandwiches later! icon_lol.gif

shanzah67 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #79 of 94

Some things get taste better the second day...like meatloaf sandwiches, but I usually add lots of ketchup to it...a good sloppy sandwich.

or spaghetti sandwiched between 2 pieces of garlic & butter Texas Toast!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:09pm
post #80 of 94

.......Luby wrote:
cold meatloaf sandwiches! My DH just has a fit when I eat foods cold
IndyDebi said:
Ok..you're disqualified on this one! This is not a gross food .... you're SUPPOSE to eat meatloaf cold on a sandwich! I'll bake a meatloaf JUST so I can put it in the 'frig and we can eat it cold on sandwiches later!

***Right on!**
That's before I couldn't eat meatloaf any moreicon_sad.gif Boy how I miss things like that.

kimmypooh79 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:11pm
post #81 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luby

I also love cornbread crumbled in a glass of milk and crackers crumbled in a glass of milk.

I like my cornbread in a glass of buttermilk!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:16pm
post #82 of 94

My mom used to slice a banana lengthwise, slather Miracle Whip on it, and cover it in peanuts.......how gross is that??!! She also liked peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.

For me, I put red wine vinegar on my pizza; not gross necessarily, but different. Ketchup on scrambled eggs; pepper on popcorn; salt on sour apples; chickpeas from the can; milk toast; and every one of my pregnancies I craved ice like it was going out of style. Not just craved, but I HAD to have it. And not our ice from the freezer; it had to be from a restaurant or fast food so the ice would be kind of soft. The smell of bleach would make me lose my mind craving ice......obviously something was terribly missing in my system!

And I saw a lot of ice cream and french fries listed, but my kids all dunk their chicken nuggets in Wendy's frosty's.

indydebi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #83 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

and every one of my pregnancies I craved ice like it was going out of style.

I was the oldest of six kids. Friends of our also had 6 kids. This was back in the day of lots of big families, so it seems that I was always surrounded by pregnant women. They all crunched ice, to the point that I thought it was mandatory that pregnant women eat a lot of ice.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:13am
post #84 of 94

OK...I missed a couple on my list.

1. Not only do I like boudin as I listed before (not blood boudin), but I LOVE boudin sandwiches. You spread Miracle whip on two slices of white bread and then squeeze the rice and meat mixture out of the casing and spread it on your sandwich. Mmmm...

2. Fried grits. First you make a huge batch of grits so that you'll have leftovers, then you refrigerate them in an oblong container. This creates a "mold". The next day you remove the grits "loaf" from the container and slice it then fry the slices in bacon drippings. It's kind of like a hash brown patty except it's grits! Double Mmmm...

Reading all of these posts, especially the breakfast for dinner made me hungry. I just fed the family bacon, pork sausage patties, hashbrown patties (I like them salted and spread with grape jelly), grits with LOTS of butter, buttered toast, and eggs fried in the bacon drippings.

It's still a mystery to me why my cholesterol is slightly elevated. icon_confused.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #85 of 94

A1 sauce on mashed or baked potatoes
A1 sauce on white rice
Ketchup on scrambled eggs

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm
post #86 of 94

Braunschweiger (goose liver). If I would have known that when I started eating it as a kid, I probably wouldn't have eaten it. My dad is German and every once in a while my mom would pick up this roll of sausage looking thing from the deli. So I would slice it up and put it on white bread. nothing else. It wasn't something we did all the time, maybe a few times a year. It's really heavy. Funny, no one else in our family would eat it, just me and dad. I haven't had it in probably 15+ years though.

My dad was also the youngest of 9 kids of a widowed mother (his dad died young) and sometimes he would go out to the garden and slice up a tomato for a sandwich, sometimes an onion! Slice of veggie on a piece of bread. That's it. His mom baked bread at home and sold it for extra money so there was always that, but hardly ever any meat for a sandwich.

Not weird, just strange, is the way that my dad's mom cooked. Since the oven was always full of bread for sale, she usually cooked on top of the stove. I have never had a meatloaf that wasn't cooked in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop! icon_smile.gif Baked meatloaf? Nah!

indydebi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:05pm
post #87 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

.... and sometimes he would go out to the garden and slice up a tomato for a sandwich...

THat's not a weird food ... it's pretty common, especially with folks who have a garden and grow their own. Growing up, it was a regular item for summer lunch.

Who made the food rules that said a sandwich had to have meat on it? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:53pm
post #88 of 94

Oh definitely, I agree, indydebi. I was just throwing in some extra family food trivia for interest. icon_smile.gif

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:13am
post #89 of 94

I havent actually tried this, but I was surfing the net for ice cream ideas since I work at that ice cream shop... and i found a place that sells bacon ice cream.

I can't imagine it being disastrously bad, but.... delicious???

That's a weird food, in my books. (although one I'd certainly like to try)

Jasmine

indydebi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:15am
post #90 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Oh definitely, I agree, indydebi. I was just throwing in some extra family food trivia for interest. icon_smile.gif

It could be just us midwesterners who think it's normal food! icon_lol.gif I worked with a lady once who was always trying to portray herself as a "radical" .... she was so inside the box it wasn't funny. One day, we're sitting around at lunch and she says, "Some people think I'm weird, but I like picking a tomato and eating it right out of the garden!" (Sits back and waits for our shocked response). We all laughed out loud and said, "Is there any OTHER way to eat a tomato?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Deflated her little balloon that day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%