What "gross" Food Do You Like To Eat?

Lounge By CakeMommyTX Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 3:41am by jescapades

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:31am
post #1 of 94

As I'm sitting here enjoying my cottage cheese straight from the tub I was wondering what "gross" foods others eat?
My husband gives me a hard time about my cottage cheese addiction, he says it just rotten milk, but I say it's good rotten milk!!!
When I was pregnant I ate a 16oz tub a day!!!
I love the stuff; I also love brussel sprouts, liver and onions and pickle juice!
I know they arenât gross, but they are foods that have a bad rep.
So anyone out there eat anything that is considered gross by others?

93 replies
cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 94

I love to dip french fries into vanilla soft-serve (McD's is the best). The creamy-sweet/salty combo is amazing (at least I think so.. LOL icon_razz.gif)

And yes ALL of my friends think I'm strange. My boyfriend in particular thinks its gross...but he'll still take me out every once in a while when the craving strikes icon_lol.gif

I also like part-skim ricotta straight out of the tub. I only eat it when I've bought it especially for a recipe and have some left over, though. thumbs_up.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:40am
post #3 of 94

I love dipping my Wendy's fries in my Frosty, I've never tried it at McDonalds, I'll have to do that!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:47am
post #4 of 94

my daughter will try to drink ketchup. She even makes ketchup sandwiches. GAG!

I use to only eat cottage cheese with potato chips. Love collard greens with a little bit of bacon greese
I like pickle juice too. I put cereal and wheat germ on top of ice cream.
My family says I'm odd because of what I don't like to eat. I don't like Oreos, pancakes, waffles, syrup, jelly, jello and turkey. Can't stand the stuff. My kids and DH like it though.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:22am
post #5 of 94

I'm a pretty picky eater and pretty much dislike all vegetables. But, I do enjoy artichokes. Pretty odd food. I like to dip the leaves in mayo.

KimAZ

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

I'm a pretty picky eater and pretty much dislike all vegetables. But, I do enjoy artichokes. Pretty odd food. I like to dip the leaves in mayo.

KimAZ

Our entire family likes artichokes. We try to have 1 new food a eek at dinner so the boys try a variety of things, and my oldest chose artichokes one week. We usually dip in butter and lemon juice though, not mayo!

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 94

I always get given a hard time about cream cheese and olive sandwiches. Sooo yummy.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 94

I like smoked oysters from the can..I couldn't get enough of these when I was pregnant with my daughter!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 94

I love LOVE grits, either with butter (lots) or garlic and cheddar cheese. Mr husband and friends theink it's gross, but you call that stuff polenta and they think it's delish. icon_confused.gif

Nutella is another favorite of mine, on a spoon straight from the container.

I also love turnip greens cooked with bacon.

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 94

My husband eats grits, but he puts sugar and pepper on his?!
I love turnip greens, and I love canned artichokes, the fresh ones to me have no flavor, but maybe I'm just cooking them wrong.
But the garlic marinated ones from a can/jar are amazing.

Edited to add: I only eat the fat off of bacon, thats my favorite part!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:44pm
post #11 of 94

The first one that comes to my mind is Vienna Sausages. I like to drain the liquid and replace it with white vinegar then eat them strait from the can. My oldest daughter calls them "veenie weenies". She thinks they're gross though.

I used to dip American slice cheese into ketchup. Does that count?

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:49pm
post #12 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

Edited to add: I only eat the fat off of bacon, thats my favorite part!

oh gag. I try to pick as much fat off my bacon as possible. but I do like pickled herring.

and pasta shells with cheese whiz (have avoided that since university though icon_razz.gif )

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:57pm
post #13 of 94

I just thought of another one, pickled eggs!!! You know the kind you make when you soak boiled eggs in beet juice for a few days until they turn red!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #14 of 94

I love raw steak, pickled asparagus and snails (escargot). I also love cottage cheese, but I put milk and sugar in mine.

When I was pregnant with my first, I couldn't get enough Kraft mac n cheese with green olives. Normally I hate Kraft!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm
post #15 of 94

I love well done spam, canned icing, and boiled eggs that have been peeled and soaked in a jar of dill pickle juice. Can't forget about fried pork rinds, mmmm that is some good traveling food right there!!
Egg yolks sprinkled with Red Hot hot sauce. lord-dee!!!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #16 of 94

Well, this might not fall in the category of "gross", but I put straight up hot sauce or hot pepper flakes on just about everything. I dunk my french fries in tabasco. I put red pepper flakes in my (just mine!) soup. Hot-hot-hot! Love it! ... Yet, I can honestly say I don't know how my stomach handles it, but it does just fine! I also like cold leftovers! Yummmmy!!! icon_razz.gif Oh! And my mom still to this day will bring up how grossed out she was when I lived home and put garlic pepper on my eggs for breakfast!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:36pm
post #17 of 94

Looks like some of you could survive with me on an island, because I "second" some of your comments. My husband and others do consider some of my delicacies gross...but it looks like I might be amongst kindred spirits here!

1. I love vienna sausage sandwiches - white bread, Miracle Whip, and vienna sausages sliced down the middle. Mmmm...

2. I love cabbage smothered with onions and bacon.

3. I love baked bean sandwiches. White bread with margarine spread on it. Beans on top folded over. By the way, do any of you call a folded over sandwich a "cowboy"? I heard this for the first time recently. I was told it's because when you fold over a piece of bread it resembles the bowed legs of a cowboy.

4. Love a medium-rare rib eye, lots of red "juice".

5. Marinated artichoke hearts in a salad or on a pizza.

6. Pickled beets.

Being of Cajun-French descent and living in Cajun Country, here are my favorite Cajun delicacies, that others may consider gross:

1. Boiled, fried, or stewed crawfish.
2. Hog head cheese
3. Boudin (a "sausage" of sorts that is made from pork and rice)
4. Cracklins

And I wonder why I'm overweight!!!! icon_lol.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:41pm
post #18 of 94

juleskaye518- I never thought about soaking them in pickle juice, I bet thats good!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:04pm
post #19 of 94

The weirdest thing i eat is mac and cheese with gravy,mmmm or ramen noodles with barbecue sauce or chili. Its mostly the stuff i don't eat that makes ppl think im weird. I dont eat ketchup, or eggs(excepted boiled in potato salad) I dont eat peanut butter (im not allergic, just dont like it) I don't eat any kind of seafood, which makes me pretty weird in south Louisiana, people always"where are you from??" I do like dunking my McD's fries in vanilla ice cream though or plain potato chips into chocolate pudding..YUmmy!!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:04pm
post #20 of 94

After reading my thread it sounded like I like eggs and frosting and all in one fell swoop. he heeee. I also love love boiled p-nuts. mmmm, salty!

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:12pm
post #21 of 94

Cold fried catfish, cold fried chicken, cold fried potatoes and cold white bean sandwiches. Gosh, I think I like most foods cold. My husband will not touch raw cookie dough or cake batter. He never licked the beaters and bowl as a kid and thinks he'll get food poisoning if he does. Sometimes I'll make a batch of cookies and never get around to baking them but end up eating all the dough. YUM!

Oh, and everyone thinks this is gross-uncooked cornbread dressing. Whoever makes the dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas knows to save me a little bowl of it.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:17pm
post #22 of 94

If you love cottage cheese.....try a cottage cheese sandwich!!! To make it extra special, throw a slice of tomato on it. Yummy! I also like chocolate cake with evaporated milk poured over the top. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The strangest thing I've ever seen was when my FIL had mashed potatoes & beef gravy then he poured ketchup over the top. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:59pm
post #23 of 94

Beanie Weenies straight from the can without being heated.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:16pm
post #24 of 94

I love to eat ketchup on my white rice & mashed potatoes...also I like spread my sweet potato pie filling on Doritos so good!!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:49pm
post #25 of 94

I used to eat cheese mustard and potato chip sandwiches, but haven't had one in a long time. Every now and then I get a craving for one and indulge. My 8 year old son loves mayo and bleu cheese sandsiches.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:19pm
post #26 of 94

I LOVE to dip my grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup

Fried pickles

French Fries and Honey mustard sauce or ranch dressing

bacon and grape jelly together on toast

KKC Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:36pm
post #27 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanzah67

I LOVE to dip my grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup

Fried pickles

French Fries and Honey mustard sauce or ranch dressing

bacon and grape jelly together on toast

Please oh please tell me how you make fried pickles!

sillyjodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyjodes Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #28 of 94

Ham salad sandwiches on white bread! I know, it must be the worst thing in the world for you, but I love it.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:26pm
post #29 of 94

OMG fried pickles are sooooo good. Love them! Plenty of restaurants in GA serve them as an appetizer.

I think the recipe is on southernliving.com

KKC Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:54pm
post #30 of 94

What exactly does it taste like? I'm curious...my family always crack on me because they say i'm not afraid to try different foods. I found a few recipes for the fried pickles. Have anyone ever made dill pickle potato chips??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%