Classes?

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 27 May 2014 , 7:46am by studyart9

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #1 of 21

Do any of you cookie pros give classes? Say yes!!!

20 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:22am
post #2 of 21

I just started and looked at the tutorial posted here. Interesting you ask, it would be nice if they did!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 21

I would kill to take yankeegal's class! There are a couple decorator's who teach classes, but none that are close enough to me....darn it!

SILVERCAT Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 21

I would KILL to take any but a DAMN wilton class! I am self taught on the cookie part but would love to take a class!

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 21

The only time I signed up to take a cookie decorating class (thru the local community college) it got cancelled! And now it looks like they aren't offering the same variety of non-credit courses as in the past. Just my luck!

SILVERCAT Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:41am
post #6 of 21

Gemini your cookies look like you should be giving classes not taking them, but everyone learns something new!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERCAT

I would KILL to take any but a DAMN wilton class! I am self taught on the cookie part but would love to take a class!

I am SOOO with you, Silvercat! I signed up for friggin Wilton class, made me take LEVEL I! icon_mad.gif The instructor was horrible, no encouragement whatsoever, got pissed at ME for practicing other tips (even tho those same tips were in our practice sheets SHE gave us!! icon_eek.gif ), plus she couldn't ice a cake smooth to save her life! It was sooo a waste of my hard-earned cash! The other members of the class were like, "Why are you Level I" and I was like, "They MADE me take a Level I!!!"

I'll tell you, I will NOT sign of for another stinkin' Wilton class. And if someone in my neighboring town wanted to get together and do a class together, I am SO FOR IT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

SILVERCAT Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 21

I took the three classes but didn't finish course three and NEVER will!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I would kill to take yankeegal's class! There are a couple decorator's who teach classes, but none that are close enough to me....darn it!

Thanks Gemini! I think you should be teaching a class also....It is a nice way to earn a little extra $$.

GeminiRJ Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:35pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegal

Quote:

Thanks Gemini! I think you should be teaching a class also....It is a nice way to earn a little extra $$.

I'm seriously thinking about it, but am dithering about the how's and where's. And I can't get my mind around the idea that anyone would pay me to teach them what little I know!

yankeegal Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:01pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm seriously thinking about it, but am dithering about the how's and where's. And I can't get my mind around the idea that anyone would pay me to teach them what little I know!

I started in my local Adult Ed. They were very low-key, small groups and no pressure-they were actually really fun. I was so nervous at first-I started to hot flash in front of everyone-it was embarrassing!

After the first of the year, I am thinking about doing cookie decorating parties...birthdays parties, holidays, etc...

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:16pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I started in my local Adult Ed. They were very low-key, small groups and no pressure-they were actually really fun. I was so nervous at first-I started to hot flash in front of everyone-it was embarrassing!

After the first of the year, I am thinking about doing cookie decorating parties...birthdays parties, holidays, etc...

Where are you talented ladies located? I'm in NC...

yankeegal Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:24pm
post #13 of 21

I'm in Maine...

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:39pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:

I'm in Maine...

Why was I convinced you're from New York? The whole yankeegal thing, I guess! My sister works in a rehab hospital here in Nebraska, and she's had Joba Chamberlin's dad as a patient (years ago). Joba would come in and sign autographs for everybody. I could've gotten you one!

yankeegal Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:51pm
post #15 of 21

Gemini-I would have loved that!! I am a frustrated Yankee fanatic living in Red Sox Nation-UGGHH! At least I have my Pats, Celtics and Bruins!

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:27pm
post #16 of 21

Hi girls, If you can ever make it to ICES convention-there are alot of cookie gals there too! Let me give you some people to GOOGLE and get ito their books-there is boundless knowledge there.

I have taken a class with Autumn Carpenter (owner of Country Kitchen Sweet Art) andshe has an AWESOME book-if you google her and can go on her site she has tutorials and a GREAT cookie book that is HUGE!

Toba Garrett in New York is amazing I really learned alot of discipline working with her-she has a few cookie recipes too that are to die for.

The ALL time best is Susan Carberry-she owns the Cake Cottage-she told me she is working on a book now-but on Y U M M Y A R T S . c o m she has numerous tutorials on 3D cookies-I will attach a GREAT 3D cookie she taught me and she is at ICES every year teaching NEW 3D Cookies!

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #17 of 21

There are HIDDEN Bit-O-Honeys in these cuties-this is the one I made!
LL

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:54pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:

Gemini-I would have loved that!! I am a frustrated Yankee fanatic living in Red Sox Nation-UGGHH! At least I have my Pats, Celtics and Bruins!

I'll tell my sister if she ever gets another opportunity to get Joba's signature, to get me one, too. I'll send it to you.

iamlis....I have all of Autumn Carpenter's cookie books and love them all! I met her briefly at the ICES last year when it was in Omaha, but I couldn't take any of her classes as I was helping a vendor and not a paid participant.

yankeegal Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:52am
post #19 of 21

iamlis-your cookie is wowsa!! I too have all of Autumn's books and Toba's as well-they are both so inspirational.
Thanks for the heads up on Susan Carberry too!

SILVERCAT Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:02pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlis

There are HIDDEN Bit-O-Honeys in these cuties-this is the one I made!

Is that a cookie?? If so WOW icon_eek.gif

studyart9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
studyart9 Posted 27 May 2014 , 7:46am
post #21 of 21

Beginners art classes is what ? Where everyone can enroll to get more fruitful results in their at stream. These classes helps them to synchronize all the basics one by one and learn various art form without any hassle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%