Different Flavors Of Cake From One Recipe

Decorating By curiegas Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 4:14am by mommicakes

curiegas Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:49am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone divided up a cake recipe to add different extracts to it? Either box or scratch. I want to be able to test different flavors but i would rather not make an entire cake of each flavor, especially with the holidays coming up.

Thanks,
Cecilia

7 replies
sari66 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #2 of 8

Yes.

JanH Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 8

The WASC cake recipe has many flavor options:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

You can easily use white cake mix and change out the extracts.

HTH

Mike1394 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:45am
post #4 of 8

I do it with every cake I bake. I have one butter cake recipe that I use as a base. I add my flavors to that.

Mike

SeriousCakes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 8

I do that with my yellow cake recipe all the time, coconut, lemon, orange, raspberry, strawberry (haven't perfected that one yet though icon_wink.gif ). Of course there's combinations too, like butter rum, fuzzy navel, kahlua and cream, etc.

mommicakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:13am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

I do it with every cake I bake. I have one butter cake recipe that I use as a base. I add my flavors to that.

Mike

Hey mike, could you share your butter cake recipe with me. I just made one (tonight) and i am soooooo grrrr about it. I didn't like how it just went all over the inside of my oven & stuff. tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif (you could pm me if it is easier)

I have used a white mix as a base for several different flavor combos. I do this and give to my kids as my taste advisors.(sp)
What I do is to make sure I divide it up the same, and keep track of the amount of flavors that I use.

Mike1394 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:42am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

Hey mike, could you share your butter cake recipe with me. I just made one (tonight) and i am soooooo grrrr about it. I didn't like how it just went all over the inside of my oven & stuff. tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif (you could pm me if it is easier)

I have used a white mix as a base for several different flavor combos. I do this and give to my kids as my taste advisors.(sp)
What I do is to make sure I divide it up the same, and keep track of the amount of flavors that I use.

I'll post it tomorrow.

Mike

mommicakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:14am
post #8 of 8

thumbs_up.gif thanks Mike, I'll watch for it. icon_biggrin.gif
Donna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%