I Am Stressed And Frustrated...

Decorating By Jayde Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm by Jayde

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, so this was supposed to be a nice relaxing weekend for me. I had NOTHING going on. I was going to even be without hubby and the kids for an entire Saturday morning. This is what my relaxing weekend has turned into....

I talked to my grandpa (who was just diagnosed with end stage lymphoma and leukemia, he has 4-6 months left), he was supposed to move back in with my grandma the weekend before Thanksgiving, so she could take care of him. She lives in Florida, we live in Missouri, so its a pretty big move. She is going to take care of him for the next couple of months. He tells me on the phone this morning that he is starting to get really bad, and that he moved up the move to Monday!!

I quick invited him out for Saturday dinner, so we could see him one last time before he goes. Its Thursday night now, and I work until 830. After I get off of work I have to go to the grocery store and shop for food for Saturday. I just got a text message from a friend (who's wedding I am in next Sept.), she wants all the maids to get together and meet and greet, and talk about wedding crap, tomorrow NIGHT!!

Tomorrow (Friday) I have to get up and be at work at 730am until 430pm, cause I got called in. I have to beg for a baby sitter for my kids, tomorrow night for this maid get-together. Immediately after work I have to go and drop off some chafing dishes that I borrowed with my aunt, and then haul my butt to some chicks house to play nice with the maids. After I get done with that, which will be late no doubt, cause it doesnt even start until 8, I have to get home and speed clean my house, cause the aunt (different aunt) is mooching dinner with her 3 bratty children!!

Saturday morning I will spend cleaning, doing laundry, making a cake, shampooing my living room carpet (long story), and cooking dinner for an army of people. After all of them leave, I will have to clean again, because their children are allowed to make messes, where ever and when ever they want. Last time I had to mop up a gallon of urine from the bathroom, and also clean my bathroom rug which was completely SOAKED with it. I also had to clean mud off of my carpet.

I am so frustrated I could scream, and all the hubby is doing is whining about how he will have to take off early tomorrow to pick up our daughter from school, and also about how he has to take both son and daughter to her karate class, Saturday morning.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little bit better.

10 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:18am
post #2 of 11

. . . hope you feel alittle better for getting that off your chest . . . icon_sad.gif sorry to hear about your grandpa icon_sad.gif . . . some days just doesn't pay to get out of the jacuzzi . . . consider yourself (((hugged)))

Jayde Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #3 of 11

Thanks Dragonfly, I needed that...

Way more than you know. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:03am
post #4 of 11

I hear yah....take a deep breath and it will all be over soon!!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #5 of 11

It must be the week for crap!!! I am sending lots of hugs your way and just remember that it will soon be over and next week will start. icon_biggrin.gif
My week started off great and has moved very quickly to the other side. It happens to the best of us, but enjoy your time with your grandpa! I will pray for him and for you in this stressful time. icon_smile.gif

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:46am
post #6 of 11

Why do people who don't have kids think we who do can, at the drop of the hat, rearrange our lives to fit there plans? And why do dads consider watching their own kids babysitting? Just a observation icon_wink.gif Enjoy your time with your grandpa and try not to stress too much. hugs

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 11

When it rains, it pours!

Bearing in mind you may have child-pee all over your carpets after they leave, maybe that's one job that can be allowed to wait until after the weekend?!

I hope everything comes together for you. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. icon_sad.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 11

So sorry about your grandpa. You will get through everything.

Drop one thing off your schedule and things will feel much easier - tell your 'friend' that you realize her wedding is important but you have family stuff planned this weekend and need more than one day notice to arange your schedule.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 11

At some point in time you will have to use the phrase, " I'm sorry, I can't". It gets easier each time you do it. An event, although very important to the bride, that is a year away, can have a meeting on another day, or without you...... you can catch up with them another time......save your sanity...... icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 11

Why do you have to meet bridesmaids now when the wedding is 10 months away? Brides drive me crazy, they think the world revolves around their weddings! Scratch that outing now and you'll feel better with one less thing to do.

Also, I wouldn't worry about shopping, cleaning and cooking for the dinner tomorrow. Go out for pizza, chinese etc. Why put the added stress of entertaining on yourself right now? The important thing is seeing your Grandpa and spending quality time with him without having to entertain or mop up the kids urine.

I'll keep your family in my prayers and please unload the stressful situations from your schedule, it's not worth getting sick or upset.

Jayde Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks everyone for the wonderful advice! I wish we could just go out to dinner, but Papa is following a strict macrobiotic diet, that he hopes will help with the cancer. I am willing to accomidate his diet, so thats why all of the extra prep for dinner. Including a special homemade carrot cake.

The brides unfortunately does think that the world revolves around her wedding, but I am dealing with it as gracefully as I can. I knew what the consequences were to being in a wedding party, and I still said yes. I just dont understand why we need to plan the showers and junk THIS weekend. Like ya'll said its 10 months away!! *sigh* In her defense I must add that she has a hard time getting us all together. One maid works nights at a hospital, another just got back from field work in Ireland, etc.

It gives me a bit of peace to know that even though you guys dont know me, you still care about me and my happiness. You all will laugh and cry, congradulate and vent together with me. You guys have no idea how special I have come to think of you all as. And as always thank you all for caring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%