Strawberry Filling

Decorating By tink4566 Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm by sgauta

tink4566 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to make a baby shower cake that is made with strawberry shortcake. How do I do that? How do I prevent the juice from soaking the cake? Do I use fresh or cooked strawberries? Help?
Thankl you

5 replies
kandu001 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 6

You use fresh sliced strawberries and a strawberry glaze. The sugary glaze acts as a barrier to prevent juice from overwhelming the cake. Make sure to use a buttercream barrier to outline the cake before placing the strawberries and glaze in the middle. It will prevent if from falling/squishing out of the sides. Good Luck! It will be yummy! princess.gif

kimberlina25 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:23am
post #3 of 6

you could just use sleeve strawberry perserves, that way it will be thicker and not be runny or soak the cake.

cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 6

I used raspberry preserves in a cake not too long ago and it was delicious and so easy. I'm sure that strawberry preserves would be great and easy as well!

tracey1970 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 6

There are great strawberry fillings on this site. I used one in June here (it was hot), and there was no soaking in the cake.

sgauta Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

I've also used a strawberry filling recipe from this site (with the White Almond Sour Cream Cake - mmm!) and it turned out great, no soaking. I'd just suggest piping a line of buttercream around the edges of the layers before putting in the filling so you'll have a 'barrier' and the filling won't ooze out. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%