Charging For Mini Purse Cakes

Business By Michele01 Updated 17 Nov 2008 , 4:13am by DerrellC

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 9

Can someone please help with this? This lady just called and wants to see if I can make 30 mini purse cakes with a gucci or Luis Vuitton theme. Obviously not with the pattern all over it, but with the logo on their once. This order is for next Saturday night. She wants mini cakes, since they are serving it at a club. How much would you guys charge per cake? I also have to make an xbox controller cake next week, plus 2 consultations. I don't even know if I should take on this order. icon_confused.gif Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

8 replies
WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 9

Sounds really abmitious to me.

Michele01 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 9

I think I am just going to call her and tell her that I can make her one big cake, but I don't think I will be able to do 30 mini cakes, with all of the other stuff I have going on.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 9

So what happened? Are you going to take on all the mini cakes? Or did you decide to do one big cake? The big cake sounds like it will work the best with your schedule.

Michele01 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 9

I took the order. icon_eek.gif I have a hard time saying no. (Unless I truly didn't think I could do it) She practically begged me to do it, and offered more money if I could do it for her. I told her that I would not be able to do them in purses, as I would not have the time. My husband came up with the idea of doing little purses made of fondant, on top of the mini cakes. That way I could start sooner on the design. So, I decided to do 10 brown squares with mini purses on top, 10 brown with a Louis Vuitton logo on top, and 10 with the checker pattern on them. I charged her $6.00 a piece. They are not that big, just big enough to comfortably hold between your index finger and thumb. Sorry, I don't have the cutter on me to measure. icon_smile.gif Thanks for asking.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:04am
post #6 of 9

$6??? that is sooo not worth it...raise your prices!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 9

It sounds like a great decision! You should post a picture! I would love to see what you came up with! It sounds adorable!!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 9

Oh wow! that sounds really cool! Can't wait to see the pics! i have a feeling you're going to be very tired after all this!

DerrellC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DerrellC Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:13am
post #9 of 9

Hi Michele, I'm with DAILEY,sounds like a lot of work for $180.00 .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%