Anyone Have The Core Rythms Exercise Dvd's?

Lounge By butternut Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 8:21pm by TexasSugar

butternut Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 19

While I was watching TV while on the treadmill, an infomercial came on about the Core Rythm DVD's and it really looked like it would be fun and productive in losing weight and reducing the size of your waist. The website is CoreRythm.com It teaches you the latin dance moves and so you are excercising but having fun at the same time. Just wondering if anyone out there has the DVD's and if so, what is your opinion of them?

18 replies
butternut Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 19

Sorry guys, I just realized that I left out the h in rhythm. The website is CoreRhythms.com I tried to edit my initial post but couldn't...

michellenj Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 19

I do Weight Watchers, and the people over there swear by the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred DVD. I'm going to order it myself after my half marathon is over. The WEWA people say to take your measurements before you begin and then again after a month, and you'll be amazed at the results.

This is an oldie, but I have the "Abs of Steel" video, and it is really, really good. She's wearing cheesy leotards and the set is silly, but the exercises are very good.

Mike1394 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 19

It wouldn't help me. I'm a 48 yr old white male. I ain't never gonna get rhythm. LOLOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

butternut Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 19

Awww, come on Mike, give yourself more credit. Geeez, I bet within a few months of receiving the videos, you could be on Dancing with the Stars!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

michellenj Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 19

I was just at Target and they have several different "Core Rhythms" DVD's. They are $39.95 per set.

butternut Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 19

Ahhhhhh, man, I just ordered the DVD's about half an hour ago.... I had no idea they might sell them at a local department store.... Oh well, thanks for letting us know....at least if I decide to order some for my daughter, I know where I can find them..

dedra_w_1980 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 19

A bunch of my coworkers and myself just started this. We work at a Doctors Office and have a huge waiting room so after work on M,T,and Th we clear the chairs and work out there. We just started, have only done it 1 time which was Th and I am very sore in the abs and back area. It's great you can either have it to where you are seeing them from the front which is always harder for me cuz when they go left I go right...lol....or have it to where they are facing the same direction as you(which I like)...lol..where you are seeing their rear end.....you will laugh at the dancers on it they seem to exadurate the hips rolls and what not ...its fun we had a ball doing it and I cant wait to keep doing it and actually see some results...HTH ~Dedra~

TexasSugar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:50am
post #9 of 19

Did you get them? Try them? Like it?

TexasSugar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 6:51am
post #10 of 19

Did you get them? Try them? Like it?

butternut Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 19

Hey there TS. I did get the video in right before our TV blew. We had to get another one which was right before we went on vacation to Florida. We just got back so I still haven't been able to check it out. So much going on right now so it may be another week before I can have a few minutes to myself and see how this video is. Of course I have NO idea how to even turn the new tv on now. We've got three remotes and it's just ridiculous. I just want an on and off button. Is that asking too much? icon_lol.gif Things used to be so much simpler.

TexasSugar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #12 of 19

Oh I so understand the remote thing!

Well when you get to try it let me know! I'm gearing myself up to start back on the right track and to really get after it in the new year.

butternut Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:17pm
post #13 of 19

I sure will TS. Geez, I'm still not getting any notices of posts. I just happened to check the forums again. I haven't gotten any notices in a long time. Oh well. Anyway, I too need to buckle down and get myself back on track. The vacation to Florida was like a green light in my head to eat things that I shouldn't. I felt guilty at first but that soon went by the wayside. icon_rolleyes.gif Now that I've been baking cookies and fudge and cakes, I haven't gotten back to eating like I should and it's already showing in my clothes. UNREAL!! This is without a doubt the most trying time of the year for dieting.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 12:27am
post #14 of 19

Oh lets not even talk about the xmas cookies and the fudge! I decided with those around there was no way I'd be able to lose anything.

We did get the Wii Fit, and I'll try to use it often, but I don't expect it to really help much.

michellenj Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 1:09am
post #15 of 19

Lets all just wear pants with elastic waists and start fresh January 1!

butternut Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:53am
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Lets all just wear pants with elastic waists and start fresh January 1!

Wearing mine right now..... icon_cry.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:52am
post #17 of 19

Uh huh, know that feeling too!

I just bought three pairs of slacks this last month. Sadly the 12s aren't quite big enough, but the 14s were too big. So I have to work to get into the ones I bought. I'd hoped I'd be able to wear them for xmas. Sigh.

butternut Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 1:08pm
post #18 of 19

TS, We will get back on track after the holidays. I know we will!! I wasn't going to make cookies and fudge this year because I knew the consequences but everyone kept telling me "it won't be Christmas without you making your goodies" So, I broke down and made everything. I've been doing it for friends, families and neighbors for decades now and I guess they've become accustomed to it. Going to a party tomorrow night and I've got all kinds of things to bake today. No way can I make all these things and not eat any of it. That is just torture. Not gonna deprive myself this time of year......

TexasSugar Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:21pm
post #19 of 19

I didn't even consider not making the cookies because my brothers and my dad's office looks forward to them every year. Plus I know in my head I can't blame my weight on some cookies at Xmas. I'm not eating right, skipping breakfast and not walking again. That's why I'm not losing weight and am back up a few pounds, not just the cookies.

When you want to slurge or enjoy the holidays with food, just remember it isn't just the Christmases of our past that are the reason we have weight issues. It is the other 364 days of the year as well.

The holidays don't (or shouldn't) give us a blanket excuse to eat everything in site, but deprieving ourselves isn't the solution either. We just have to find a middle point with moderation. That's what we are all striving for in our day to day life, not just at the holidays.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%