Edible Images - White Chocolate

Baking By chillysmommy Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 6:28pm by adonisthegreek1

chillysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chillysmommy Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 3

Can someone share when I should apply the image to cookies dipped in white chocolate? I'm guessing I shouldn't put it on when it's still really soft. Is there a certain way I can test the chocolate to know when is a good time to apply?

Same thing with rolled buttercream. I intend to put the disk of rolled buttercream right on to the cookies when they come out of the oven and are still warm. Is this when I should apply the image as well or should I wait and use a diluted corn syrup to apply the image? The easier and quicker the better!

Thanks in advance!
michele

2 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 3

should I wait and use a diluted corn syrup to apply the image? The easier and quicker the better!

I let the cookies cool. I either put some buttercream icing on the cookie or I brush it with clear piping gel them put the fondant/rolled buttercream on it.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 3

When I make chocolate suckers with an edible image, I cut the image the size of the mold, drop it in the mold first and then pour the chocolate in. Since the chocolate is of course warm and melted, I assume that you'd also apply your image to the cookie while the chocolate is warm and wet.

Yes, I also put the rolled buttercream right onto the warm cookie. It adheres to the cookie perfectly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%