Ri Or Color Flow ??

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 7:02pm by TexasSugar

TheCakerator Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am making a state cake for my nephews birthday, and the plan is to make the spartans helmet on top of the cake out of either royal icing, flooded, or thinned color flow. I don't have a problem doing it out of either one, my question is that I would also like to write go green go white on the sides of the cake out of either royal icing, stiff, or color flow, stiff. I don't know which one would work better for actually writing words on wax paper and then trying to get them to stick to the sides of the buttercream cake. Any help is appreciated as I need to do this TODAY for it to be ready on SUNDAY! Thanks!

3 replies
TexasSugar Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

I think either of them would work equally well.

TheCakerator Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 4

thank you .. I decided to go with royal icing because wal mart does not carry color flow ...

TexasSugar Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 4

I was going to say if you didn't have the color flow powder on hand to go with the royal icing.

I would say 90% of the 'color flow' pieces I have done were out of royal icing. I don't do them often enough to keep color flow on hand, where as I always have MP.

I would suggest doing the words on plastic wrap stretched tight. Don't foget to do plenty of extras in cause of breakages.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%