Witch's Hat Nail

Decorating By ssh2008 Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 5:23am by PinkZiab

ssh2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssh2008 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 5

I was recently on vacation and purchased a witch's hat nail. Does anyone have one of these and how do you use it? Thanks for any info.

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know what that is! Maybe other people are in the same boat! Can you take a picture of it or something?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #3 of 5

Is it like a normal flower nail, but the flat part is cone shaped? I believe those are used to make lilies out of gumpaste. First you make the petals, then you layer them together in the cup, forming a flower right? I guess you would use royal icing or something to glue the petals together. Anyways, let it dry then carefully take it out and attach a stem and some leaves. I've never actually done it so I can't guarantee those directions. But I think I've seen what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure that's what it's used for.

rozben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozben Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:57am
post #4 of 5

I just googled, and found this info for you all,

Ateco Witch's Hat Flower Nail

This tip is used for molding a witch's hat. Preferred by some decorators for making roses on the cone and lift to place on the cake.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:23am
post #5 of 5

Product Description   

* Most Popular Of All Flower Nails
* Will Work For Most Flowers
* Perfect For Carnation, Daisy, Apple Blossom, Poppy, Wild Rose, Pansy, Jonquil, Rose, Orange Blossom, Narcissus

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%