Help!!!! Thanksgiving Day Bake Sale

Decorating By Dana8 Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 6:09am by aztomcat

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 4

HI All,
My childrens' school is having a Thanksgiving Day Bake sale and I really want to make something cute, BUT not to hard and not to intricate. I also have to make Thanksgiving dinner so I am pressed for time. Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 4

Taste of Home online has some REALLY cute pilgrim hat ideas! You could use homemade cookies for them instead of store bought. I THINK they also have some turkey cookies too and they are SUPER FAST AND EASY!

I know, I know, indydebi......it's the magazine baked goods! LOL But, I'll stand up and admit it.....sometimes I LIKE these ideas!

Beth in KY

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 4

You could make turkey cupcakes. I use a flower cookie for "Tom's" tail feathers and it looks really cute. I will try to post my picture of him for you. i have to find it.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:09am
post #4 of 4

For the adults do, mini loaves.....Last year i made banana/nut, pumpkin spice. wrapped each one in clear saran and tied it with raffia and a little tag with its flavor on it. They sold well.

The kids liked the cupcakes. Here on CC is saw an idea that was fun. It was a create your own flavor cupcake sale. Bake 2 flavors of cupcakes, and bring 3 flavors of icing in decorator bags. The child picks his cupcake flavor and then his icing flavor and you "custom" top the cuppy.

How fun and easy is that.

Good luck
Dee in az

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%