Thank You Sugarshack - Fondant Dvd

Decorating By ps3884 Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 3:54pm by kbak37

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 12:51am
post #1 of 6

Okay, so I know it's not perfect but what a difference! This was the first cake I made since viewing Sharon's (sugarshack) Flawless Fondant DVD. If you want to take a look, it's the twin girls baby shower cake in my photos.

Usually, I have such a hard time covering cakes in fondant. This time, it went so much quicker and it was sooo much easier! I didn't struggle with bunching at the base - I didn't even put a border around the bottom tier! icon_eek.gif

I had to share my experience. I can't believe I waited so long to buy them. I just watched the buttercream one - can't wait to try what I learned!

I highly recommend adding these dvd's to your wish list! thumbs_up.gif

-Penny

5 replies
be305702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
be305702 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 6

I ordered all 3 of her dvd's today!! I am so excited to get them and watch them.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 6

You will not regret getting them! I have been doing cakes off and on for a long time (when I get around to digging up the pics I will post them) and you will not regret it! Between those DVD's and this site I have learned so much in such a short time. Thank you!

icon_biggrin.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 6

be305702 - you won't be disappointed with your purchase!

kbak37 - Without CC, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have in my decorating. And now, I think the dvd's are helping me go the extra step. Although I see a big difference in this last cake, it may not be as apparent to others. But, the biggest difference was how much easier it was for me! Less time and frustration free! thumbs_up.gif

be305702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
be305702 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 6

I'm getting really serious about my cake decorating. I am taking the Wilton III course next month and I am signed up for the Wilton Master Course in Illinois in July. Yay! It's so addicting and so rewarding. I've emailed a couple bakeries around town to see if any are accepting interns, etc. I want to watch and learn. icon_smile.gif

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 6

Good luck with getting an internship! I would love to do that, but we really dont have and bakeries in town that do cakes...there is one, but I am not so impressed. Good for me though...more business! thumbs_up.gif

As far as this site, I am so impressed with the willingness of people to help and step up and share recipies and instructions; the attitudes are great and the passion for decorating is wonderful! I am an official addict even though I may not post all the time, I am definately on here reading and learning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%