Allergies

Baking By lake Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 7:37pm by pastryjen

lake Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, My little boy has a friend that is allergic to eggs and peanuts. Does anyone have a recipe for a cake that does not use eggs?
Thanks!

4 replies
enoid Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 5

If you do a google search there are lots of them. I have not personally tried any but it is a good place to start. icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 5

You can find a bunch here on this site, but you have to remember that if you use box mix it tells you that they were made on a machine that also has some peanut stuff...if you read it you'll know what I mean. I have tried using box mix and omitting egg but adding cornstarch instead and it came out good, just a bit crumbly when you cut it.

Rebeckydaniel Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7142-Eggless-Vanilla-Cake.html

I have never tried it, but it has a good rating. Saved it to my recipe box, my friend is alergic to eggs too.
Hope this helps

pastryjen Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 5

There is a company called kingsmill foods that makes an egg replacer - just add is to a cake mix and you are fine.

Companies do not have to declare allergens on their labelling as of yet so if it doesn't say anything about any of the major allergens like wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, etc then it may not be safe.

Many of Wilton's products are not labelled with these allergens. Please call ahead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%