Carrot Cake Filling?

Decorating By Chippi Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 1:06am by kakeladi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hi CC Members!

I was going to make a carrot cake for my husbands bday and wanted to add a filling. I am going to use a cream cheese/buttercream frosting. If anyone has any ideas on frosting and filling please give me your input! This will be my first filled cake. Also, does a cream cheese icing pipe well on cakes? Thanks everyone.

Chippi in the making!

3 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

I just like cream cheese icing in my carrot cake and I LOVE carrot cake. I haven't made the cream cheese buttercream. My cream cheese icing is cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. It pipes pretty well. I've just done basic swirls or tinted it orange and green and piped little carrots with it. I don't want to mess with a good carrot cake. LOL

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 4

ty tracycakes, carrot is my hubbys all time fav. cake. i think a filling for it will be to rich for it being they are rich already. yea i was going to do the carrots on top also. i am gonna use MMF over the cream cheese icing but I want to pipe the carrots on top. I could always just use reg. bc for the decorations. ty you again and have a nice day. icon_smile.gif

Chippi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 1:06am
post #4 of 4

For filling I usually use pineapple (can be jam/jelly or sleeved you can buy in most cake supplie shops). And for icing I usuallyuse a b'cream/ch ch mix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%