Writing For Wedding Blog

Business By costumeczar Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 7:25pm by mageliza

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone else get this email today?? It was some random email from a wedding blog site that asked if I wanted to write articles for them. I have no doubt it's some kind of advertising thing where they try to get you to pay them for the privilege of writing their blog, but I decided to go to see what it was anyway. Naturally, there were two articles on there that mentioned cake, one was full of the same misinformation that everyone else writes, and the other was about not having a cake at all, and what the alternatives were!

So I wrote back and told them that I'd be glad to write articles for them, but they'd have to take down the stuff that was on there already because it was totally wrong and obviously written by someone who's never baked a cake before.

Do you think they'll write me back? icon_twisted.gif

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 4

Yeah, I got it and I replied that I'd be happy to be a contributor! At least we might get SOME reliable info out there!

It's looks like a very new site. I'll probably add a free ad to it. (I get on all the freebies I can!)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:39am
post #3 of 4

They wrote me back today with the form mail about how to get onto it, and it looks like you can write pretty much anything. Maybe I'll write something called "don't believe everything you read, even in this blog"!

I also noticed that there were a couple of misspellings in the email and multiple ones in the blog itself, so it obviously isn't run by professional writers.

mageliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mageliza Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 4

What is the URL?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%