Roasted Turkey Cake Help

Decorating By Beth02 Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 12:16am by LittleLinda

Beth02 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 3

Per the instructions above, I ordered an egg shaped pan. When I searched it I came up with the 3-D egg pan from Wilton. It just arrived and is much smaller than I anticipated.

For you ladies who have done this cake, is this the pan you used? How many people did it serve?

Please help. The cake is for next Friday so I need to work out any kinks early icon_smile.gif

2 replies
KHalstead Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 3

yes, I used that pan (although the only pic I have is from my cell phone it is in my pics though) anyhow.......you put that cake (well , half of it) on top of a 9x13" cake and then cut around it so it's much higher and I cut the under cake slightly larger, and with the legs it serves at least 24 or so I would say! It's like the size of a normal turkey pretty much when you're done!!!

LittleLinda Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 12:16am
post #3 of 3

I made one before using oval pans that look kind of small. I just measured them to be 4.5 x 7.5. It was a layer cake ... all together it took one cake mix. When I carved out the neck and body cavity, I cut up the scraps to look like stuffing. I added ice cream cones for legs and wings, and, frankly the cake was big enough ... considering it was Thanksgiving and we had other desserts too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%