What Did I Do????

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 4:15pm by alvarezmom

alvarezmom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 18

I tried to make Whipped Ganache last night and it tasted really good but it didnt come out very whipped-looking..... icon_confused.gif

Recipe:

1 C Chocolate Chips
3/4 C Heavy Cream

Here is what I did:

Melted CC for 1 minute @ 30 sec intervals
Stirred
Emptied into metal bowl
Stirred with KA
Added heavy cream
Stirred entire time-about 2 minutes
Put in frig to firm it up a bit......it looked like I had pieces of CC's

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

17 replies
PinkZiab Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 18

You should be heating the milk to just boiling and pouring it over the (unmelted) chocolate... let it sit for a minute to melt the chocolate then stir from the center until completely combined.

alvarezmom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 18

Okay..do I heat the cream up until starts to bubble? The pour over chocolate--then stir? Do I put it in the Frig?

SweetResults Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 18

Heat cream, just until bubble, pour over choc, wait 5 min or so, stir. The you can fridge or just let it cool to the right temp/thickness - stirring occasionally while cooling. If it gets too cool and too thick you can heat it up again a little bit and stir.

summernoelle Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 18

You want to make "scalded" cream, which means you need to heat the cream until the outside edges bubble. You don't want it to come to a full boil, but just under the boiling point where the bubbles are on the outside, where the pan and cream meet. HTH!

alvarezmom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 18

Thanks! I'll give it another go tonight!

UltimateCakes Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 18

Let us know how it turns out.

susanscakecreations Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 18

I just made some chocolate ganache (1st time) over the weekend! It was fantastic! Pour your warm cream over the chips, let it sit for a minute, then sit the bowl of chocolate on top of a bowl of ice for about 3-4 minutes......then whip with a hand mixer! It was so fluffy and de-lish!
HTH!

Susan

cathie_shinnick Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 18

The hand mixer is an important step in whipped ganache. Start as everyone said then chill just a little but not set. then whip with mixer. It will turn a lighter color of brown.

alvarezmom Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 18

Okay so I did as instructed.....There were no pieces that looked like little cc's, but I didnt get the whipped look as I had wanted. It staryed the same dark brown? Tasted good just like the first time, but no whipped look. ???? I set it in the frig about 5 minutes then tried the KA...nothing...I left it in the frig about 10 minutes...got thick then put it in the KA..it was thick not fluffy???? What next?

cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm
post #11 of 18

You probably need more cream to make it fluffy. Im not sure if you have to start over or if you can warm your mixture a little first. I would try that first if it dosent work then next batch will need a little more cream. What consistancy are you lookingfor?

alvarezmom Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:44pm
post #12 of 18

The light brown colored...fluffy...let me see if I can find a picture of what I am wanting.....my ganache reminds me of a fudge icing.

alvarezmom Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:48pm
post #13 of 18

Okay in this picture this is how it looks when I ice my cake...This look is okay and I dont mind it, but this isnt the look that I am wanting..

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=9740

This is what I am wanting..see how it looks whipped/fluffy..

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=9740

susanscakecreations Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:06pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

I tried to make Whipped Ganache last night and it tasted really good but it didnt come out very whipped-looking..... icon_confused.gif

Recipe:

1 C Chocolate Chips
3/4 C Heavy Cream

Here is what I did:

Melted CC for 1 minute @ 30 sec intervals
Stirred
Emptied into metal bowl
Stirred with KA
Added heavy cream
Stirred entire time-about 2 minutes
Put in frig to firm it up a bit......it looked like I had pieces of CC's

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Here's what I did last weekend:
8 oz. choc chips
8 oz. heavy cream

I brought the heavy cream to a 'bubble'.........took it off, poured over the choc chips, let it sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisked together until smooth. I then set the bowl of chocolate into another (larger) bowl of ice and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.........then I whipped it with my hand mixer, and it was lighter in color and fluffy..............

maybe you need to increase your cream? good luck!

susan

cupcakemkr Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:09pm
post #15 of 18

alverezmom, you posted two of the same photos.

cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:36pm
post #17 of 18

you really do have to increase the cream. Thats what makes it fluffy. The chocolate holds the form because it hardens , but the cream makes it fluffy.

alvarezmom Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:15pm
post #18 of 18

Okay how much chocolate and cream, then?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%