Help With 3D Teddy Bearn Pan

Decorating By drowninginfondant Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 10:34pm by drowninginfondant

drowninginfondant Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 11

My cake stuck to the pan. I followed the directions, greased the sides with shortening and flour and mixed a pound cake and a regular cake mix. It was a disaster. Any suggestions on how to get the cake to release? Thanks in advance.

10 replies
mbelgard Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 11

Did you let it cool before trying to remove it?

With the 3d pans I remove one side right out of the oven, replace it, flip the cake over and then remove the other side.

drowninginfondant Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 11

Yes, I let it cool for about 10 min before I tried to remove the top pan. I will try your way. Thanks.

Callyssa Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 11

I was having both some major and minor problems with sticking using Pam and flour, so I tried Crisco and flour, and same problems. Then I mixed up my own cake release (someone else gave me the recipe) and it works like a charm for me.

Just mix equal parts of vegetable oil, shortening, and flour together, and use a pastry brush to coat your pan. Make sure to get every little spot in your pans, especially the 3-D pans. I used my silicone pastry brush and it left a lot of little streaks so I just used my fingers to make sure it was coated. My cakes have come out perfectly since using this.

drowninginfondant Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #5 of 11

emiyeric Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:46am
post #6 of 11

I've had great results with the bear pan with actual Wilton cake release ... hadn't come across the recipe for cake release yet last time I did it, but as long as eevrything (including the core, if using) was completely coated, it worked perfectly. Good luck!

glendaleAZ Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:47am
post #7 of 11

Hi fondantinmysleep,

I would guess that by now youâve removed the cake from the pan, but incase you havenât try using a soft spatula to wedge in between the cake and the pan, slowly moving side to side, all around the pan, then work your way to the bottom.

For future bear cakes and the like, try using Bakerâs or Pillsbury Cake Release Spray. You can find it in your local grocery store for around $3.00. The best part is your hands stay clean.

drowninginfondant Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks Tammy,

I did buy Cake Release and I will try it.

pastrychef22 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:42am
post #9 of 11

Just to add in my two cents. I get a baking spray ffrom my distributer and it works very well. One thing i have found thought is that you can not be scared to use as much as you think is needed. Thats how i was taught to do it and i have been doing it that way for years and have no problems with cakes sticking.

drowninginfondant Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks alot.

drowninginfondant Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:34pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks alot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%