Where Do I Begin?

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 4:14pm by janiesue

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a cake for my bank next week. I can make whatever I want, but I decided I'd like to do a fall/Thanksgiving theme. Now, I'm stuck on ideas! I have so many, that I don't know what to go with! I'd love to try something with the piroutte cookies, but don't know if that would be "fallish" enough. I also want to make something that will stand out & have people think "wow, that's different!". I was thinking of doing a chocolate trasfer or using cigarillos, but I won't be able to get those in time, as the cake I'm doing is due next week. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

6 replies
SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 7

Do the piroutte cookie cake, but make a bunch of fondant/gumpaste fall leaves and turn it into a basket of leaves icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 7

Iknow what you mean about having so many ideas you don't know which way to turnicon_smile.gif BTDT icon_smile.gif

I'd go for a simple 3-d.......use the doll skirt to make a turkey.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 7

I like the tall cakes that have a spot hollowed out so you can place a tea light in it and it looks like a giant pillar candle with some leaves around the base. There are lots of pictures of this kind of cake in the gallery.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 7

I like the candle idea and you can get votives now for like $1.50 that are battery powered! I did that for my friend's birthday last year and she loved it!

Beth in KY

cookiesup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesup Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 7

SweetResults, I love your idea of the pirouette cookies to look like a basket with leaves. I 'll have to try it!

janiesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janiesue Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 7

I am very new at this. How do you put the pirouettes on the side of the cake. Help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%