Where To Start???

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 3:03pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a cake for my bank next week. I can make whatever I want, but I decided I'd like to do a fall/Thanksgiving theme. Now, I'm stuck on ideas! I have so many, that I don't know what to go with! I'd love to try something with the piroutte cookies, but don't know if that would be "fallish" enough. I also want to make something that will stand out & have people think "wow, that's different!". I was thinking of doing a chocolate trasfer or using cigarillos, but I won't be able to get those in time, as the cake I'm doing is due next week. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

5 replies
SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 6
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 6

It may be done quite often, but I just made a wreath cake. covered in fondant leaves, mums and acorns. Everyone thought it was just a centerpiece.

lkoenig07 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 6

Never made mums before... are they easy? Also, what about acorns? How do you make those? I saw the newest fall wreath picture & LOVE it!!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 6

The acorns are easy, I tint some fondant a tan color then break a piece off and tint it brown. I roll acorn size pieces into a ball then slightle point one end, Take a small piece of the brown make a smaller ball then flatten it with the fondant smother. Attach it to the part of the acorn that isn't pointed. I also took the back side of a knife and made the grooves on the top. I dust the top with copper dust and the botton with gold. As soon as my daughter gets home, I will send you a picture. Im not computer savy!!!!! The mums are made from royal icing with the # ( oh gosh I just checked my decorating box and the tip isn't in there, I will let you know later) It took me a whilr to get them right, if I am having a really bad time with them, the lady at the cake store makes them for me. But I get better every time.

lkoenig07 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%