Should I Enter This Gingerbreadhouse Contest?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 11:43am by pumpkinroses

notjustcake Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 3

ok so my city is having a 1st time gingerbreadhouse contest. At first I really wanted to enter but I don't.

They have child division, adult division, and professional division. I of course would enter under the adult division, but I have cake decorating, and have never made a house out of ginger.

The cost is $25 to enter BUT the house is due December 7th and what scares me is the fact that it is so close to Christmas! I usually bake Christmas candy for everybody from teachers to the post man, and it has become a tradition. I feel like the cost of the house would interfere with Christmas shopping and all. I really want to do this but I'm afraid I would make the wrong decision on what it is the right thing.

2 replies
peg818 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:03am
post #2 of 3

If you can afford it, i would say to go for it. You can make that gingerbread house early, i would start now if you are going to enter.

pumpkinroses Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 11:43am
post #3 of 3

I say go for it if you have the money. Then you can decide if it's worth the work and money for future years. If you don't enter you may always wonder if you should have entered.

Good luck with you decision!

Quote by @%username% on %date%