Wilton Jumbo Cupcake Liners

Baking By melysa Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 12:12am by melysa

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

i'm curious to see and hear how these turn out. not the king ize, but the jumbo, which is in between. can these be used in a normal cupcake pan? how much to fill, bake time and temp? pics? thanks~

5 replies
melysa Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

thought i'd try this again...thank you!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 6

I am not sure which is which. There is one set of liners that are like 3 or 4 inches tall. I think those are the King Size . The jumbo wilton liners are for the jumbo cupcake pan. They look like regular cupcakes only larger right?

I don't think you could use them with a regular pan really. I make the jumbo cupcakes all the time because I think they are prettier but it's a big servingicon_smile.gif And I use the jumbo cupcake pan to do it.

By the way, for some reason the jumbo liners also seem to stick together mor than regular lines. It must be the way they are cut.
So you really have to work to separate them.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 6

The jumbo ones do stick together a lot. You hve to use the jumbo liners in a jumbo pan...you can't use them in a regular pan. The liner would stick out big time! And silly was right about the Kingsize are for the "Tall" Wilton cupcake pan. It took me a while to figure it out too!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:04am
post #5 of 6

Ok -- so I didn't answer all of your questions. For the jumbo, I used 4 cookie scoops. They turned out pretty good.. I'm guessing that is probably 4 tablespoons. I started the oven on 400F and then turned it down to 350F when I put them in. This makes them dome beautifully! I don't remember how long I baked them.. I want to say like 20 minutes..but it may have been 22. I always start checking at 17 minutes and then go from there. I hope I got it all this time! Goodluck!

melysa Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:12am
post #6 of 6

hi, thanks for the input. i tried some the other day. i used a scratch recipe, filled with a half cup of batter and baked at 325 for 28 minutes. perfect.

i didnt have much trouble separating them. i loosened one edge and ran my finger around the whole thing and then pulled it out so it didnt mishape.

i used a standard cupcake pan, which worked but i think i might like to have the king size pan so the edges will go up nice and straight instead of slightly fanning out.

i tried to post photos but the upload had an errors. i'll try later. thanks to each of you for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%