Need Ideas For A Welcome Home Cake....

Decorating By kathys90 Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 10:09pm by kathys90

kathys90 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 3

for our pastor.

Let me give you some background....
Our pastor, who just turned 30, was there for me and my family 3 years ago when my DH suffered a near fatal heart attack. He and his young bride had only been with our church for 3 weeks when this happened, so you can see why I feel this closeness with them.

Back in April, the pastor was diagnosed with an inoperable, malignant tumor in his nasal cavity, which has since, through medical treatment and a whole lot of prayer, been cured.

He is now returning to the pulpit this weekend and I've been asked to do a 1/2 sheet cake for a brunch in his honor, and I'd like to do something special.

Any ideas you have would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Kathy

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 3

Limited to a 1/2 sheet? Boy, I sure con't think of anything right off. I'll keep thinking about it...just not sure how to cover this.

kathys90 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 3

Its a small church, and they're having canoli and fruit for dessert as well, so they figured 1/2 sheet would be more than enough.

I thought about putting Bible verses on it. Just the book and number. The pastor would know what they were, but it would lend to some thinking on the part of the congregants, but thought it would be more difficult to find the perfect verses than the actual decorating of the cake.

I want it to be special, ya know.

Thanks for your help!! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%