Bake A Cheesecake Directly On The Cardboard Circle??? Help!

Decorating By jessi01 Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 3:39am by Sweet_Guys

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if I can bake a cheesecake directly on the cardboard cake circle in the springform pan?
I've only ever made cheesecakes for family and I always get my pan base back, but I need to make cheesecakes for a church event sooo I need advice.. what would you do?

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, go for it. Cover the board w/foil completely.

need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 7

Great question!! Thanks for the advice!! icon_lol.gif

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 7

thanks! I'm going to go make a cheese cake right now! thumbs_up.gif

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 7

You can also line your springform pan with parchment paper--then after baking and cooling it's really easy to transfer your cheesecake to a cardboard or other cake plate--comes off of the springform base easily, parchment paper peels away from cheesecake crust and cheesecake stays together!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 7

No it will turn out to be an oil soaked mess. You will want to put a frsh circle on it anyways. Wrap your pan bottom in foil, and put the lip down, spray the foil,and put in pan. When done take a knife around the edge, put in fridge. Put a circle on top, flip cake out, take bottom off, put new circle on, flip back over.

Mike

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:39am
post #7 of 7

We bake directly in a springform pan. We spray it and do not need parchment. After it comes out of the office, we let it cool for a couple of hours before cooling it in the refrigerator over night.

When we get ready to sell or transport the cheesecake, we take a large spatula and transfer the cheesecake from the springform base onto a cardboard round.

HTH

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%