How Much For This Basket?

Baking By robinscakes Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 9:32pm by onecutecookie

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 6

Please excuse my lack of computer knowledge, but I can't seem to figure out how to post this photo on this post. I can't post it in the gallery because it was deleted by the powers that be as a duplicate (even though it's a basket and the other photo was just the cookies). Anyway, I did this one for a friend for the cost of the ingredients/materials and I'm looking to do some more of these baskets for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I don't know how to price them. One person told me to multiply the $ of the materials/cookies by 3. Does that sound right? What would you expect to pay for this basket just by looking at it. It has 18 cookies in it. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

http://hosted.drpic.com/C5NYEUOFSY

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 6

If you went with the going rate of $1 per inch for each cookie, you could add them all up and then add the cost of the basket and other materials. Once you've got that figure, decide if it's too high or too low and adjust accordingly.

For a really high-end price for cookies and cookie bouquets, check out "Cookies by Design".

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 6

Gemini, when you say one dollar per inch, is that height? width?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Gemini, when you say one dollar per inch, is that height? width?

If it's a 3" round or square cookie, it would be $3. If it's 2"x3" cookie, it would be $2.50 (an average of width and height). Keep in mind, too, it's just a guide to help you with pricing. How you decorate the cookie will be important, as well. A cookie with only two colors is a lot easier and quicker to do than the same size cookie with 4 colors. If there's lots of detail and outlining, that would impact the cost. Lastly, where you live will be a huge factor in how much you charge. What's reasonable on the coast could be horribly expensive in the midwest.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 6

I'd say like 3 to 5 dollars per cookie. Plus cost of packaging.

onecutecookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onecutecookie Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 6

I did a 12 cookie wedding bouquet and charged $45.00, so for 18 cookies, I would say $55.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%